chapter 13- party

---- MASON ----

---- MASON ----

hallucinogenics - matt maeson, vallis alps 

My head is on the verge of exploding.

I've spent the majority of my day tucked in my bed with the blinds drawn shut and the lights shut off since I woke up with a raging migraine this morning. This migraine is particularly inconvenient because I couldn't do all of the homework I'd been putting off all week.

I'll be completely honest I have been struggling in the archeology class without Riley. Last week she missed all three lectures, and when she finally came back to class this week, she sat in the very back of the lecture hall. I missed comparing my notes with hers, and I was fearful that the next test would prove just how much I had been relying on Riley.

When I had first seen Riley this week, I was almost startled. She didn't look like herself and seemed almost pale. Don't get me wrong, she was still breathtakingly gorgeous, but she looked different than normal. I wasn't in the position to ask her questions, especially after how I treated her the night I picked her up, but I was starting to worry about her.

But aside from the whole Riley situation and this killer migraine stopping me from doing my homework, there is also a party being thrown in my living room. That obviously doesn't help me at all.

Around the time that I woke up feeling like absolute shit, Codie decided today was the perfect day to host a party. Every year the hockey team throws a party as a last hoorah before the season starts. Usually, the whole team gets obscenely drunk - myself included - because we can't drink during the season. The party is always a big deal, and this year wasn't any different I just wasn't in attendance.

However, that didn't stop me from suffering the repercussions of Codie's actions.

Whatever music that he had hooked up to, the surround system is shaking the walls of my room and making my head hurt even more. Groaning, I pick up my pillow and shove it on top of my head, covering my ears.

Suddenly someone is knocking on my door and barging inside.

"Get out." I groan. The open door makes the music from the living room so much louder, making me wince.

"You've got to come out here." Codie's voice rings out.

I lift one side of the pillow and stare at him like he has grown two heads. "Are you serious? Do you see me right now?"

Codie shakes his head and closes my bedroom door. "Riely's out there and she's... well you should come see for yourself."

At the mention of Riley's name, the thumping in my head dulls a little, but my heart rate quickens. After not speaking to her in over two weeks and barely seeing her in class, I was anxious to lay my eyes on her.

Without saying anything to Codie, I push back the comforter on my bed and get up. Picking up a t-shirt from my floor, I sniff it just to make sure it is clean and readjusted my sweatpants. I am sure as hell going to be underdressed compared to everyone in the living room, but I'm definitely going back to sleep after I catch a glimpse of Riley.