chapter 31 - question

---- MASON ----sweet symphony (with chris stapleton) - joy oladokun

---- MASON ----
sweet symphony (with chris stapleton) - joy oladokun

Riley's slender fingers are carefully intertwined with mine as we walk down the sidewalk.

Although we are in one of the quickest-growing neighborhoods in uptown, there's almost nobody out on the streets. Aside from the occasional strand of cars driving by or group of people on their way to the bars, it feels like Riley and I are the only ones in the whole city.

Just the way I wanted it to feel. 

Peering over at Riley, I can't stop the butterflies that take over my stomach.

She looks absolutely fantastic tonight. Like honestly, when I picked her up from her house earlier, she took my breath away.

There seem to be no words in the dictionary that adequately describe how beautiful she looks.

I can safely say, though, that all night I've been fighting the urge to take Riley back to my apartment and fuck her.

The way the green dress she's wearing fits like a glove and her golden necklace hangs in the crevice of her breasts had me fighting demons the entire time I ate. 

Sensing my gaze, Riley looks up at me and smiles. "Wher are we going now? Or is it another secret?"

"It's not a secret," I wrap my arm around Riley's shoulder, pulling her closer as a group of rowdy teenage boys pass by us. I can't help but notice the way she subconsciously relaxes and rests her head on me. "I figured we could go down to the waterfront and find somewhere to watch the sunset."

"Sounds perfect."

"You gonna be able to walk all the way there in those heels? Or do I need to carry you?"

Shaking her head, Riley elbows me in the side, and I let out a loud laugh at her childish pout.

"The shoes aren't a problem, jerk..." she mumbles through the sound of my laugh. "You just want a reason to touch my ass."

Dropping my arm from her shoulders, I grab Riley by her hip farthest from me and palm her ass.

"Don't need a reason, baby."

"Mason!" Riley shrieks and swats at my chest, her cheeks turning a dark shade of red. The look on her face is priceless, and I squeeze her round ass one more time before letting go of it.

I settle for holding Riley's hand instead of her ass, and the two of us fall into a comfortable silence as we continue to walk.

Having the weight of Riley's hand and feeling her rings press into my palm eases my nerves, and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Riley has a way of making me feel at peace just by being in her presence. It's something I've never felt with anyone else and something I don't really ever want to go without.