Insufferable

Hey ! Here is another update for y'all to enjoy! I LOVE WATCHING THIS BECOME A SLOW SLOWWWW BURN.

I know y'all are itching to see something happen.

here we go!

==============================================================

Sylvia

It honestly didn't bother me that Harry asked me to stay a bit behind. He specified that he wanted time to talk to Mari but I knew what he was up to. He was eliminating her as an option. Man has the biggest self-sabotage flaw I have ever seen in a person.

I love him to death, and he pays my bills but lord does he need a therapist. We spent the entire day sitting in utter silence as we were talked through tour plans for 2021 but I knew where his mind was at. His mind was weighing hundreds of pros and cons. Even though I told him that doing such a thing is already reassurance enough that he needed to just lay one on her.

I thought that was exactly what he was going to do when he told me to enter the house a couple minutes after him, but here he was just holding her fucking hand. I don't even see their lips inching towards one another. They are just standing there like fucking freaks.

I love playing cupid but for fucks sake, this is brutal. I haven't known Mari THAT long to know her relationship issues but I know enough. She may be a bit emotionally unavailable after her ex but the girl is an emotional whore. Any moment with vulnerability and she swoons. Again, love her to death - great person, terrible decision maker. I would be that way if my ex would physically and emotionally put me through the ringer but again, therapy.

They definitely deserve each other but not like this. Not one just playing with the idea that his literal soulmate is standing in front of him and the other frolicking through daisies with no idea of what is happening behind the scenes.

JUST LOOK at the way they are staring at each other right now. All they want to do is hold hands? Like a bunch of little kids. If I looked at someone like that I would have been knees deep in their sheets by now.

Not that I would sleep with someone like Harry, god no. Not THAT european. I personally do not see what Mari see's in my cousin.

I tilt my head to the side and squint to see what she sees - nothing. Absolutely nothing comes to mind. Would be a bit worrisome if something did. I mean besides money, I don't see it.

They are still just standing there, holding hands.

Scratch that, holding HAND. Not even the full two. They need to quit the theatrics now, its honestly annoying.

I see Harry lean a bit lower, and for a moment I saw stars. It is happening! They will finally embrace in each other with their tongues!

I almost squeal with joy, until I see Mari pull away and hug Harry.

What in the actual fuck is fucking wrong with these people.

I stroke my face violently with my hand and mutter a groan.

"Insufferable." I moan while putting on my sweatpants. I brush out my hair violently as well. I have to take out my anger somewhere. Can't be other people, and it can't be in Harry's house because god forbid I break a bed frame worth millions of dollars. So something cheaper, like muah would suffice.

I just do not want to be sitting in a room with them after this. Everyone talks about how awkward it will be for the main love-birds but nobody every fucking talks about the third wheel. I literally have to witness every error and ignore it. I say something, the world will end. The elephant in the room would trample me into a pita bread.

"Hey Sylvi" Mari knocks on my door. I turn around and train a smile on my face. Mari stands there in her mismatched pajamas and hair in a perfectly messy bun. Wish my hair could operate like that.

"Yes leech?" I say as I watch her curiously. She sits on my bed and looks around the room.

"Why didn't we stay in a hotel? I mean, I know money isn't the issue. No offense not to be harsh but just wondering." One thing I have learned from being Mari's friend so far, is that you can not let this woman wonder. You let Mari strut around her mind and she might as well solve the Ripper case. She breaks things down in her mind, and then adds a logic to it that makes sense and glues pieces together.

In this case, I can not let her do that.

"Great question. This trip was planned for a good time. I would be working, and you became a friend - might as well invite you. This was always the easier option." I said sitting softly next to her.

"Why ask?" I say looking at her. I see the fumes overworking themselves in her brain.

"Just curious. I think I'm going to take a nap. I would love to go out and party but I am unexplainably exhausted." She says patting the spot her ass left as she left. There is something definitely wrong. Mari ? Sleeping? Never.

I hear her light footsteps tred towards her room. Before I know it, I hear a faint amount of music playing. I lightly step out of my room and lightly eavesdrop. Her hums are a bit soft but I can still hear her through the music.

I snapped out of my noisy-ness and run downstairs, realizing that Harry might be having a mind fuck moment again. I run down these obnoxiously pink stairs and turn into the kitchen. My socks make a 'fff' sound every glide.

I look through the glass sliding doors and see Harry sitting in the lawn chair. No phone, just pensive in thought. I stare at him. My heart squeezes from sadness to see my cousin like this over something that could be easily solved. But just because it can be easily solved doesn't mean the explanation will be easy. Which makes this entire thing so frustrating.

On the other hand my heart flips at the idea this odd condition is more than just a medical side effect of being idiots. The odds are weird.

I step into the natural light, and walk towards the other lawn chair.

What should I say? 'Being rejected is a part of life?' - sounds horrendous, let me not say that to a 27 year old with heavy dating experience.

"You saw it?" He says looking into nowhere.

"Yeah." I sigh.

"I am literally trying so hard man. I don't know what to do." He shakes his hair and plays with a strand in his hand.

"Mari is a little bit complicated, but do you think this is all worth it?" I ask wrapping my cardigan closer to my sweater even though its blazing hot.

"You don't understand this feeling." He says and I try to say something but Harry stops me.

"You understand that it is weird what is happening to me but the feeling you don't. It's this painful itch you just can't get to. When I see Mari, or when I look at her - the itch goes away. This pain, this imaginary thing in my head is out of my head." He practically cries out. As he speaks it's as if he is coming to terms with his feelings at the same time. I lean back to listen.

"Right now, I hear her humming. It is so peaceful. It's so peaceful but so confusing because how is this normal Sylvia? How? It's like this peace she gives me - it gives me more uncertainty since I don't know what it is." He leans back in the same position as me and plays with his strand of hair more.

"If she isn't looking for answers why should we?" He softly says.

"Let me show you something." I say and get up. I motion for him to follow me. 

------------------------

Next chapter will be emotional! Just a warning ahead of time 

muchos besitos <3