50 ways to leave your lover

***TRIGGER WARNING*** 

This chapter includes physical abuse 

*play the song through out the chapter thanks*

My feet tapped lightly on my wooden floors. Dropping my jacket lightly on the floor near the shoe rack, but my jacket caused a couple of shoes to fall causing my inebriated head to shake a little within my skull. Laughing at myself for no apparent reason, I see outside my window as Sylvia drives off.

My apartment is swaying back and forth but the voice in the back of my head is saying that tequila and coca cola should not be my go-to anymore. Feeling stress free, I plug in my phone to my speaker and lazily swipe through my playlist to find my favorite song of all time. Finding the song, I turn the knob all the way and throw my phone down.

-PLAY SONG-

"The problem is all inside your head", she said to me

"The answer is easy if you take it logically

I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free

There must be fifty ways to leave your lover"

She said, "it's really not my habit to intrude

Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued

But I'll repeat myself at the risk of being crude

There must be fifty ways to leave your lover

Fifty ways to leave your lover"

Paul Simon's voice thumping its way through my apartment's floor, in between the little crevices of my toes, and all the way to my mouth as I sing it with him. Not shouting the words, but simply speaking the melodies into existence; hum like tone. I twirl and freakishly dance across my living room space.

My favorite part is coming up. I get ready, and stare at my reflection on my tv and point at myself ready to relinquish my solo.

You just slip out the back, Jack

Make a new plan, Stan

You don't need to be coy, Roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, Gus

You don't need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, Lee

And get yourself free

Throwing my body back as if I were to fold, I laugh loudly. My laugh is cut short when I see Joshua standing at the arch way that separates the kitchen from the living room. "Come on baby, dance with me." I shimmy towards him. He doesn't budge, he just stands there looking at me.

Being too unaware to read him, I grab his hands and move them with me. Like a mother forcing their child to dance with them, Joshua remains stiff. "Don't be so fucking wack. Come on man." I giggle, but he shoves his hands out of mine. Not caring at all, because any red flag is looking pretty rainbow right now; my dancing continues. The song continues to play, but my body is snatched from my dancing bonanza by strong hands.

"I haven't slept in fucking two days, and you think you can just come home like this. Drunk, play music and just wake whoever the hell up Mar?" Grabbing me by my shoulders. Grabbing is an understatement, more like a death-grip. "You are fucking reckless bonita, and I am so very tired of it." The song feels more melancholy and far, he pushes me further back into the wall making the framed pictures of us shake. "You complained about me being a drunk, and look at you. So inconsiderate." He whispers in my ear. My stomach got the familiar feeling of when we took the picture that hung right next to me.

That day was our two-year anniversary, and we decided to get shake shack that was on 23rd street; our favorite spot. It was an average day, and it was a week after my birthday where the headaches began. A man stopped to take our picture, and gifted us the digital print. Said that my makeup was so pretty, but the irony was that it hid the ugliest bruise. Before we left for the apartment, I got a massive headache but the singing echoed like it was in an arena and the man was yelling for everyone's attention. I accidentally knocked over Joshua's precious bottle of Tito's and this was when he was a raging alcoholic. After he hit me, he apologized and begged on his knees for my forgiveness and after that he didn't touch me for a year. Until the other night, like my headaches trigger some nerve in him.

"Joshua, you are hurting me again." regaining my awareness slowly. "Joshua let go of me please, I will call the cops." I say trying to get out of his grasp.

"You think I care. You and your bullshit, getting home late all the time from a job that god knows what you do." His whispers reaching my nose, and it stunk of alcohol. His hands grabbing on my hair yanking me sideways, the pain oh so familiar. The song came to an end and all I heard was the cars outside and my hair slowly ripping out my skull.

"I am trying to fucking sleep." Yanking my body downwards from my hair. Walking away but my body getting up, and my phone replaying the song again as if it was my cue. I grab him by the shoulder and shove him towards the door.

"Get the fuck out." I open the door for him. His face finally clear to him and it is a face of anger. "I think no-" He tries to argue but I keep shoving him away. "I pay the fucking rent, I work, and I am not dealing with you any more. 3 years of this bullshit Joshua. I had a great night, marvelous without you. So, I think I will live marvelous without you too. Get your shit tomorrow." Throwing him a pair of shoes. Closing the door, but more like slamming it.

Feeling a headache come again. I started to cry from how overwhelming everything felt, but my tears slowed down as the headache faded into the song I was just listening to. The voice singing it but it sounded hoarse, almost strained like it was morning. The same lyrics from a few minutes ago, I sang along quietly and the pain that would occur with the headache went away and it was just our voices.

"There must be fifty ways to leave your lover

Fifty ways to leave your lover"

You all must be very confused as to WHY this chapter was heavy

Trust me I know what I am doing ( I hope so)

Maybe I don't but 

trust a girl and stuff. 

ALSO

hmm singing together numbs the pain??? huh never knew that.

SYLVIA IS IN PR MANAGEMENT HUH???

ooooooo our girl Sylvia our good old British gal

wonder what she is in the states for?

MUCHOS BESITOS

P.S. THE VOGUE SHOOT IMMACULATE