Golden

"Wait so he yanked your fibers." Sylvia held some of the hair in between her fingers. She texted me her office address this morning because she wanted to get coffee, and let me say I am under-dressed.

"Fibers? Ma'am please." I laughed at her choice of words. The only reason I told her was because she saw the handprints around my shoulders when she took my jacket off. "It's really crazy though huh? How he just flipped." She mumbles.

"Oh no. This wasn't a light-switch situation. Joshua has always been like that, we- well, I thought after his meetings and counseling he actually changed but men will be men." Twirling in my chair.

"I know it's quite a cliche to ask, but if you knew like you had to have had a gut feeling. Why-why did you stay or let him stay?" She looks up from her computer, her glasses on the bridge of her nose like an old ladies facebook profile picture. "We met in my 'fall-madly-in-love' stage of my twenties and I thought the toxicity of it all was worth the grand prize of getting a man with a troubled past and what fucking not. In reality I fed myself bullshit, actual utter well-rounded bullshit." sighing, a knock at her door interrupts her sentence.

"Sylvia? Uh, line 2 and it sounds urgent." The young girl leaves hurriedly. "I am in fucking PR, not their manager. I did not sign up for this." Her voice was harsher than sandpaper. "Hello, hi" Her voice completely changed octaves but her eyes bored. Making me laugh, I start to walk around her office, feeling so out of place but I walk around playing with her plaques but accidentally breaking the string off one. I turn around and she is too busy to realize, so I shove it behind the seat's pillow.

"I am going to put you on speaker, that's alright love?" Her voice sounded more sincere. "Alright go ahead." then a more softer lower voice spoke, and the chills that were sent through my body was fucking insane.

"Sylvie sylvieeeeeee, you know I love you oh so very much." Another british accent. It's as if my high school fantasies were coming alive. "Harry what is it?" Harry, oh HARRY. I turn around with my eyes widened. I scurry to the chair to listen.

"Is that the way to treat your favorite boy." He sweet-talks her on the phone. "Harry you were just in the hospital last night, how are you so chipper." She eye's me. "Ain't nothing slowing my roll baby. But about that, some fans actually found me in the hospital but I kind of acted as if I wasn't who I am soooo." Sylvia chuckles when Harry finishes his sentence.

"You can't keep calling me over every little thing like this. Thats why you have a manager." He starts to hum, and I feel something in the back of my head but I can't put my words on it exactly. "Harry, you did just hear what I said, right" Her voice edging for an answer.

In a hum like, and playful tone he responds "I heard you but I am choosing to not comprehend." Causing Sylvia to groan but it came out as a moan. "Uh uh shorty, keep that for the bedroom." I whisper but clearly not low enough. "Well, who is that?" His voice stuttering a bit.

"Nobody, don't worry. Probably just in your head with all the I.V.'S they inserted in you last night." I laugh at Sylvia trying to cover up the lame ass excuse.

"Sylvia I had a migraine and fainted, I didn't undergo surgery. Is there someone there with you? Hello, reveal yourself." Awkwardly staring at each other, I am opening my mouth and closing it like a fish cause I have no idea what to say. "I am the voice from the I.V." I speak up. Then there is silence.

"Certainly you are, does I.V. have a name?" He asks. His voice giving me that feeling in the back of my head, and it's not the young fangirl in me, more like my soul screaming something. "Nope. Just a medical liquid, thanks though." I laugh.

"Okay medical liquid, hope you convince Sylvia to get the hell out of PR and become my manager because she knows that I know that she loathes her job in that office." He whispers, as if he isn't on speaker.

"Why would you assume she hates her job?" egging him on. "First of all, look at her eye bags atrocious." not expecting the honesty, I cough for laughter. "That's not very nice Mr. Styles, now is it? Your mother ain't treat you how to compliment a woman?" I tease. Teasing him as if I already knew him, and this behaviour was an ancient thing between us.

"I would gladly let you know that I love Sylvia, love her so much that seeing her take care of multiple people's problems in the media is not good for her, so thank you very much Ms. Medical Liquid." Looking at Sylvia who has completely gave up on this argument.

"Now why would she want to manage you? You seem quite the sass filled hand full." Hearing him scoff on the other side playfully. "I didn't know I had to answer to you. But I will, cause I am kind. She won't have to stress over multiple people, just me." The 'me' coming out high-pitched.

"I am also her manager, so yes, answer to me." I laugh, looking at Sylvia who is cupping her mouth. "This is the weirdest most unprofessional manager conversation, I have ever had." He mumbles.

"Ain't that right" I speak. "Anyway, nice meeting you, have a golden day." I giggle.

"Aw I'll miss the banter. Sylvia, you are coming back to L.A. or home?" He asks. Home? What the fuck.

"Harry, I am organizing everything here then, I will be heading back home." She annoyingly sighs. Actually thinking how this isn't a normal PR and client conversation, because I thought they would go a bit more technical and professional.

"We miss you here, you know you would be happier here. Plus, you could have been there at the hospital call." Adding to a list, that I feel like they have discussed about before.

"Bye Harry." She sings. Trying to connect the dots in my head as to why he is telling his PR person to go back home.

"Anne says hi and bye." He says before they both hang up. I look at her and she knows what I am wondering.

"Cousin." She says. "Oh, just cousin. You didn't fucking tell me you were his fucking cousin." I minorly gasp. 

My phone broke

I tested positive for COVIDA

SCHOOL IS KICKING MY ASS AND I DONT EVEN HAVE ONE

MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 7 DAYS.

lovely year this is huh?

I know the chapters are short but they will be getting longer as the relationship and the worlds of medical liquid and harry starts to become closer.

PLUS WOW THEY KINDA TECHNICALLY MET? did they? people forget things though, like Mar's shitty short term memory

muchos besitos xoxoxoxoxo