Chapter Six - The Grand Banquet

"Wow, look how big and open it is!" A boy shouted.

"And the stars!" A girl cheered.

"Look how big the lake is!" A boy yelled.

Everyone turned to face the courtyard and saw the lake next to which Hogwarts sat.

"It's pretty amazing, ain't it?" asked Hagrid to a few students nearby.

They crossed the courtyard and gazed at the gigantic wooden arched doors.
Everyone gasped in excitement, and if you didn't, you were too amazed to speak.

Hagrid pushed open the giant doors, and a few students helped him.

Standing facing away from the doors was a woman in long shining emerald robes and a large pointed hat darker than the night sky.

"Beautiful Evening Minerva." Grinning, Hagrid said.

The lady turned around. "E-yes, it is quite a lovely night." So said the one and only Professor Minerva McGonagall, with a polite grin.

Isabella saw Headmistress McGonagall and her body became static, her knees weak and her stomach wounded.
"Oh my gosh!"

Tatum turned to Isabella. "What?"

"That's Headmistress Minerva McGonagall!" Isabella started shaking.

"Alright, alright, calm down." Tatum laughed.

"We'll be sent into the Great Hall in just a moment, Hagrid." Minerva said, tilting her head closer to Hagrid.
Hagrid nodded.

"All right then!"
Behind Hagrid and Minerva, they opened a second set of rather large doors.
Professor McGonagall nodded to Hagrid.

He signalled to the first year to follow him into a large dining hall with four long rows of tables filled with students in robes and walked down the hall to the professor's table.
Isabella's eyes twinkled as she looked at the floating candles above the four rows of wooden tables.

"Follow me!" Hagrid yelled.

The arched ceiling of the Great Hall was enchanted to appear like the night sky.
A trail of students bunched up behind Hagrid reached the front of the hall. The large doors slammed behind them.

In front of them, a circular wooden stool with a dusty hazel old pointed hat sat on top.
The hat was covered in stitches all over, Professor McGonagall standing behind it.

The Headmistress walked up in front of the professors' table to a large stand with a golden owl, asleep.
She tapped the owl. Shiny ruby eyes opened and the owl spread its wings.

"Silence please! Silence everyone." McGonagall shouted.
The students all gradually started to die down in noise.
"Good even to you all!" Professor McGonagall said.
"First years!" projected McGonagall.
"My name is Professor McGonagall, I will be your headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Some students on the far table next to the fireplace started to clap.

"A reminder to third years and above that, unfortunately, our hogsmeade trips will be canceled."
Which was responded to with a roar of rage from students standing and yelling.
"SILENCE!" McGonagall yelled across the great hall.
"How dare you! How dare such beautiful students act in such a childish fashion. This is not a punishment or a choice we as professors have made. "
She paused.
"The Ministry of Magic has announced a hefty set of rules that we, as a school, must abide by. Recently, a prison ward was destroyed. Many prisoners died that day, however. "
Professor McGonagall shivered.
"few escaped... Some very horrible witches and wizards who did horrific deeds. We at Hogwarts are not in the clear. Many of the said prisoners fought and lost in that horrific attack on Hogwarts in 1998, and they may seek revenge on our school. "