Chapter Twelve - The Great Lake

' Dear Isabella,

How is the new house? How's the family? Did you do anything enjoyable?
Well, I'm sure you have.
Me and Phoenix have become really close and we are practically dying for you to come back next week!
I've been teaching Phoenix how to fly a broom, and he's been trying to teach me how to cast defensive spells, but there's really no hope. It turns out Professor Sprout has more importance to him than we thought! She is like a family member to him. Maybe she's good friends with his mum or dad, I'm not sure. Anyway, see you next week!

T.T. Thompson '

' To Tatum,

My new bedroom has a bunk bed and an extra bed tucked underneath, so us three can have as many sleepovers as we want!
Mum says she's happy to have you guys over as soon as we can.
I've been practising flying in my HUGE backyard and cannot wait to show it to you! We can have races and Phoenix can be the commentator haha.
But I can't wait to see you two again next week!

Tell Phoenix I said hi!

I.C. Topin '

"What are you reading?"

Tatum came out of her own head and saw Phoenix sitting down, across from her. "Oh, um, Isabella wrote." She said,

"Damn wish I had an owl." He grunted.

"She said hi and that her new house has three beds in her room!" Tatum smiled.

"That's not even possible!" Phoenix replied in disbelief.

"She does! And she's got a big backyard for running and flying, AND her mum is dying to have us over to meet us!" Tatum cheered.

"Awesome!" clapped Phoenix.

"Good morning to you two." Someone said, from behind. They turned and smiled when they saw Professor Snegilletni walking in, holding a large suitcase in one hand.

"Hey Professor!" Tatum said.

"Hey guys, how's the holidays been?" Snegilletni asked.

"Good, we've just been hanging around helping in the hospital wing and practising spells." Phoenix explained.

"Transfiguration spells, I presume." The professor smiled through his thick short beard and kept walking as he nodded slowly.

"Why is he here?" Tatum asked. "Teachers on holiday must arrive the the prior Friday to semester commencement." Phoenix said.

"Commencement? That's not a word." Tatum mumbled. And Phoenix rolled his eyes and grinned.

"I'm hereeeeee!"

Isabella threw herself at the door and swung it open. "AUNTIE CAROL!" screamed Isabella.

"Hi sweet cheeks, how is everything?" Her aunt giggled.

"Great! Can we leave yet? " Isabella begged.

Her aunt set her bag down on the floor. "We leave tomorrow." She said, Isabella grunted and stomped back into the kitchen.

Phoenix sat along the sand line of the lake surrounding half of Hogwarts, skipping rocks, waving his wand, catching the rock that flies out of the water and skipping it back in.

"Hello there, Amandla, When did you arrive? "

Phoenix jerked his head and looked over at the boat house.
Professor Marchknee was dangling her legs over the side, leaning back and looking at the sky.
That's when Headmistress McGonagall arrived behind her, shoes clicking and clacking as she trotted down the steps to the dock.