Chapter Nine - Hogwarts Hallowe'en

October 31st, 7:36am

The last day of the month...

Along the walls hang paper spiders, and at least one jack o'lantern is sitting on the edge of every bench. Hard candies fly around the castle like small birds. In the great hall, the enchanted ceiling storms and thunders. passing into the moving staircase and up to the fat lady's portrait, covered in paper bats, and into the Gryffindor common room.
The Gryffindor common room has skeletons hanging from the chandelier and cobwebs up the stairs leading into the dormitories. Through the door into the first year girls dormitory there are five beds all placed in a circle around a circular fireplace, puffing smoke and ashes out through the open window, next to the bed of a girl with messy dark brown hair, spread out all over her pillow, with red stripes all over.
Above her bed is a poster of Victor Krum, the world famous heart throb, seeker for the Bulgarian National quidditch team. An owl landed at the window but was repulsed by the cold stone and flew away immediately.
A feather fell off getting caught on the window and glided into the dormitory and landed on her face. The girl opened her eyes and pulled the covers off of her face.
Tatum sat up and pulled her hair back out of her face.

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN WOOOOOHOO!" She screamed.

"SHUT UP TATUM!" the other four Gryffindor girls shouted in sync.

Tatum fell out of bed and opened up a large chest at the end of her bed and rummaged through it, throwing books and clothes out of her way. She pulled out a cheap, rubbery, werewolf mask and slipped it on over her face. "Let's do this!" She shouted.

Tatum threw her short black pyjama shorts off and pulled up her grey school skirt. She buttoned up her shirt and threw her red and gold striped tie on, tying it in a knot around her neck. Tatum tied her robes around her waist and ran out the door while the other girls were still waking up. Tatum crept over to the boys' dorms and waited outside the first year's dormitory. The door slowly opened and Koramo stepped out wearing long blue flannel pants and a matching flannel button up, which was undone.

He turned around, and Tatum jumped at him.

"ROAR!" She screamed, and Koramo collapsed.

Tatum grinned underneath her mask.

Still, a couple minutes before her first class, Tatum went around scaring everyone from the castle ghosts, such as nearly headless Nick, her house ghost, and Professor Snegilletni.

Tatum was out of breath from laughing too hard while trying to get to the potions. Tatum stopped suddenly. She saw a long black snake slowly slithering down the hall and into her potions class. She pulled her mask up and ran towards the classroom.

She turned into the class and saw Professor Moretz. "Professor?" Tatum mumbled.

The Professor slowly turned around, and Tatum saw the Professor drinking out of her flask again.
She pulled the wolf mask down over her face.

"Morning, Professor Moretz! Happy Halloween! " Tatum giggled, pulling the mask back up. The professor chuckled and walked over to her desk.

"Oh, good morning, Tate-Tatum, and a happy Halloween to you." Tatum skipped over to her table and sat down, awaiting her friend's arrival.

Professor Moretz wouldn't face Tatum or speak to her; she just rummaged through the shelves of potions supplies. Tatum opened up her text book and started drawing circles in the corners of the pages. The Professor picked up a cauldron and placed it on a table in the middle of the class room, then pulled out her wand. Something was muttered by the professor. She tapped a large cauldron with her wand.

"What spell is that, Professor?" Tatum asked, not looking up from her textbook

The Professor looked at Tatum, fiddling her thumbs. "It's a uh hex spell! Yes, a hex spell I'm using to fix this cauldron! " explained the professor.