Chapter Fifteen - N.B

"Ok, have you checked the forbidden forest?" asked Minerva.

Professor Marchknee was pacing back and forth.
"Yes, Hagrid scoped the area around Hogwarts and no students were found." She said,

"And the lake?" asked McGonagall.

"The ghost happily searched the lake from top to bottom." Marchknee explained.

"Isabella, is there any place you know they could have been?" McGonagall asked.

"No professor, I haven't been able to think of any place that hasn't already been searched since Quidditch last week."Isabella explained.

McGonagall nodded slowly. "You are free to go, Isabella."
Isabella nodded, stood up from her chair and walked towards the door.

"Professor, we need to call the ministry for help, we send these students home in two days!" Marchknee said.

"Please Amandla, there is no need to release this case out more. The last thing we want is for this whole issue to end up at the ministry." McGonagall responded.

Isabella walked down the staircase towards the hospital wing.

"Hello Lady Topin, where are we off to on a day like this?" Isabella looked up and saw that the ghost of Sir Nicholas was floating above her.

"Oh hi Sir Nicholas, I'm off to the hospital wing. My friend Phoenix is having his check up at the moment, and I usually go and get him! " She cheered.

"Well, have a great day, young lady." He grinned and flew into the wall.

Isabella waved and smiled as she pushed open a door. Isabella walked down the corridor and got to the hospital wing, and she pushed against the door but just hit her head.

"What the—" she mumbled.

Isabella pulled out her wand "Alohomora." She whispered, and the door clicked.

Isabella pushed open the door and looked inside, and her arms dropped. The large window that faces the training ground on the opposite side of the room to the door had been smashed open and the beds were torn up.

She looked down, and Madam Pomfrey was laying on the ground.
"Madam Pomfrey!" She shouted and helped her up.

"Roar... roar..." Pomfrey muttered.

"Roar?" Isabella asked.

"Roar..." Pomfrey pushed out.

"Roar, right..." Isabella looked away from Pomfrey, awkwardly, and saw a small black book.

"N.B?" She whispered, reading what was written on the front cover.

"Why does that sound familiar? Where have I heard that? "

Phoenix popped out from behind a bed, brushing dusk off of his school sweater and limped over to her.

"Isabella," he whispered.

"Phoenix!" She cheered. "What happened?"

Phoenix muttered, "He was tall- no- slim- his hair was brown, slicked back, and his suit was black and he- he-"

Isabella's eyebrows shot up. "N.B..." she gasped. "Phoenix! Phoenix! We need to get out of here! Tatum told me about N.B, "
She moved towards the window, but they all stopped when there was a loud growl. Isabella looks to her side and sees a big, bright orange Jaguar with large teeth growling at them.
"Oh no." Isabella whispered.

"Isabella, Isabella, there's a Jaguar... that's the Jaguar-" Phoenix mumbled.

"Roar roar-" Pomfrey whispered.