Chapter Eleven - Christmas

19th of December, 9:48am

"I'm going to miss Hogwarts..." Maleki sighed.

"You'll be fine, and besides, we'll be back after the holidays." Isabella said, wrapping one arm around her friend as they looked out the window.

It was finally Christmas, and that meant the Christmas holidays, when you could either go home or stay at Hogwarts.
Lily had been coming home during the break for years, so of course Isabella would be as well.

"Gosh, close the window! It is freezing in this room! " Kiza shouted.

"While we're gone, you can close it all you want," Isabella says.

"Oh please, like I'm staying at Hogwarts?" Kiza giggles, pulling her luggage towards the door. "I'd never." She pulled her luggage down the stairs.

They rolled their eyes. "See you at the station." Maleki cheered and disappeared through the door, wheeling a suitcase.

Isabella looked out the window and saw the lake, nearly frozen over. She sat down and smiled, watching the water.

Isabella got to the bottom of the stairs. Jimmy Fairbank was standing there looking out the window facing the herbology rooms.

"Hey." Isabella softly greeted him.
Jimmy turned around and smiled. "Going home?" Isabella asked.

He nodded.
Liam walked down the stairs with Lily, and she gave him a peck on the cheek.
Isabella looked shocked for a second, but honestly saw it coming.
Liam took Jimmy's luggage and Lily, Liam, and Jimmy walked down the stairs leading to the common room exit. Sitting on the rounded sky blue couch was Mabel Margret, the prefect.

"Hey, Mabel." Isabella smiled.

Mabel grinned. "Hey kid, how's year one going?"

"Aside from the eagle swooping at the Gryffindor Quidditch tryouts, I've been fine." Isabella giggled.

"Ha, I heard about that." Mabel chuckles. She's such a peaceful soul, Mabel, so nice and calm. Isabella sees her sitting in the library with the Gryffindor Prefect sometimes, just reading, in silence. "How's year six going?" Isabella asked.

Mabel loud of a low groan. "In one word, Painful." Mabel sighed.

"Going home?" Isabella asked.

"Yep, I'm going to go see my mum." She grinned.

Isabella smiled and sat down next to her.

"Just waiting for someone, then I'm off to the station." Mabel explained.

A girl in her third year trotted down the stairs, wearing long blue robes similar to the couch's colour, with a white beard attached to her by stings over her ears. It was all topped off with a large pointed cone that was the same colour as the robes. "Ready?" Mabel asked. "Yep! Can't wait to get home! " The girl shouted.

"This is Abilene, and this is her Merlin costume for Halloween, and she won't take it off." Mabel grunted.

"I worked really hard on this!" Abilene shouted.

"Come on, the quicker we get there, the quicker we can get on the train." The two girls started to walk away. "Oh and kid, Merry Christmas." Mabel smiled, and they disappeared down the stairs.

The common room was empty, only Isabella. She picked up her suitcase and slowly walked towards the stairs.

"Oli's friend's mum is really good at knitting; she NEEDS to teach me her technique!" Emily smiled.

Emily and Jacob Thompson sat on opposite sides of the Gryffindor table from each other.
Emily was hugging her hot pink sweater with a dark brown E placed in the centre of the sweater.