Chapter Ten - Quidditch

"How long is left?"

"Uhh about... fifteen minutes."

"Damn it! " Tatum smacked her head down.

"C'mon, Tatum, you want to make the Quidditch team, right?" Isabella said, with an enormous amount of energy. Isabella was sitting down, her arms wrapped around her knees, pressing her feet down on Tatum's, holding her in place. Tatum was doing sit ups with her dark black robes and grey faded sweater scrunched up beside her. Up, down, up, down, Tatum went.

"Madam Hooch said that Emily suggested I be allowed to try out, even though our grade technology can't." Tatum huffed.

Isabella looked off into the distance, her brain scattered with thoughts.
It had been just around a month since the attack of the mysterious Jaguar.
The quidditch season had been postponed due to heavy winds.
Isabella's sister Lily was acting strange after Madam Pomfrey released her full time from the hospital wing, just for her to collapse during her boggart lesson and straight back to the hospital wing she went to.
Isabella's new found friendship with the Hufflepuff boy, Phoenix Omvenlajurky? Ovenmajury? Oh, whatever it was, she made a new friend.

Isabella turned her back and saw Phoenix having a chat with the herbology teacher, Professor Pomona Sprout. Professor Sprout was a strange little woman, her hair getting whiter with every year, Lily would tell her. The two laughed together... What was it about those two? Why wasn't there that awkward teacher-student relationship between them? Well, sure, she and Professor Marchknee were more like mutual friends than strictly teacher-students, but they didn't laugh together at lunch. They had things to do, like, Professors doing class preparations or taking time to relax.

Isabella watched them hug each other, and Phoenix did his signature waddle over to them.

"Hey, don't have too much fun without me!" He shouted. Isabella smiled as he sat down. "What's she up to?" He whispered, eyeing Tatum.

"I think seventy?" Isabella mumbled back.

"Tatum, you're a Thompson, you're quidditch royalty at Hogwarts. You're going to make the team, calm down a little." Phoenix said.

"Please Wong, that spell is so simple, it's only a year two spell!" Phoenix and Isabella turned, and to no surprise whatsoever, it was Kiza.

In the sunlight, her dark skin shimmered and her frizzy ball of hair tied back looked like a bush straight from the herbology rooms.

"Kiza, please don't." Maleki mumbled.

Kiza was standing over Maleki, hands on her hips, and Marcus Okland, the tall Ravenclaw boy, was towering over the two of them. Maleki had a small pot in front of her with a little yellow flower slowly growing.

"Please, using such a pathetic charm to grow a flower, you must be so disappointed in yourself." She chuckled.

Maleki looked down, despair washing over her face.
Kiza pointed her wand at the plant. "Herbivicas." She chanted. " The plant struck up and was frozen still.

"What did you do to my plant!?" Maleki shouted.

She stood up, infuriated. Kiza looked away, annoyed that it didn't work.

"She said it wrong, you know." Phoenix chuckled, biting down on a perky red apple. "It's HerbiviCUS, not HerbiviCAS, but you know, whatever." He swallowed his bite.

Isabella looked at Phoenix, with pressure in her pupils. "What happens when that spell is said wrong?" Isabella trembles.

Phoenix's eyebrows shot up, and he jumped to his feet. Isabella fell back, startled. Phoenix, no longer waddling, sprinted to Maleki. He swung her towards Professor Sprout. He grabs Kiza's hand and, with his other hand, grabs Marcus's robe and yanks him towards Isabella and Marcus. Phoenix felt the ground shake, and when he looked down, the plant was bubbling.
The plant shot up about ten feet. Phoenix pulled his wand out and a green bubble slowly clumped out of his wand's tip and swallowed the plant whole as he looked up at the plant growing blisters and burning like marks. Phoenix turned and ran to Isabella, Tatum, Kiza, and Marcus. Isabella looked up and saw the growing plant-like-monster with leaks of pusk drizzling down the side. Tatum stood up, slipping back over again, landing on the dirt and grass.