Rui x Reader pt.1

Wasn't requested by anyone, just an idea that came to mind from a comment I saw somewhere, maybe from my book or another book with Rui in it. I didn't know how to go about this idea that came to mind, so I just went with the flow or changed it if a greater idea came to mind afterwards or while I'm doing it. P.s, have you heard of the dummy's dummy? It's on webtoon, I personally recommend it, the art may not be the best at first but afterwards it'll get better.

Gender Neutral Reader, same age as him (?), Quite long 3000+ words

Smidge of angst + Fluff (maybe, not sure, up to you to decide) Maybe there be a part 3 as well?

________________________________________________________________________________

When (Y/N) had met Rui, he was a very peculiar person in their opinion. He seemed wiser for someone his age, was something they had thought of when they first saw him only to realize he was a demon afterwards. Now, I know you're wondering how they couldn't have guessed that from his attire, his pale complexation, the markings present on his face and his eyes. It flew over their heads, thinking it was some design he liked, maybe a series of face paint.

They were just hanging out in the back of their home, playing in the open yard next to a forest. They didn't pay much mind to their surroundings as they played with a makeshift ball their mother had sown for them a few days prior with a whole pile of white rice, and dozens of patches of scrape cloth. It wasn't easy on the eyes that's for sure, but they enjoyed it.

They were kicking it about as the sun had begun to set. Their mother was in shrine, cooking dinner. They kept playing with their ball, but after some time the ball went astray as they kicked it. It rushed towards the forest to which (Y/N) made haste to go after it. They called out to it as if it was sentient. The ball was about to go into the forest until someone had placed their foot on the ball, stopping it from progressing any further.

(Y/N) had abruptly stopped when they had seen their ball stop but froze when they looked up to see a boy about their age. They didn't pay much mind to his features as their attention was drawn back to their ball that was underneath his foot. "Thank you so much for getting my ball for me!" They had exclaimed as they made their way towards their savior, reaching a hand down to their ball, bending their back a bit.

Their savior raised his foot and transferred the ball to his hands and held it up for them to take. (Y/N) happily did so, grasping their ball and taking it back into their possession. When they finally looked him over, they noticed how...weird he looked. Nothing they've ever seen. They noticed how his hair was sticking in places it probably shouldn't, his deathly pale complexation, his nails, his clothing, the markings on his face, and his eye.

They had tilted their head as they continued to gaze at him, a confused look present on his face. "Why do you look like that? Why're you bare footed, where're your sandals?" (Y/N) had blurted out, not minding if they were blunt. The boy didn't seem to react much, but he did flinch but only by a tiny bit, his eyes seemed to have widen by a fraction, but he didn't more or say anything.

"Hey," (Y/N) began to wave their hand, a respectable distance away, from his face, "You still there?" They continued to wave their hand until he blinked ever so slowly. (Y/N) dropped their hand down back to their side, their other hand still holding their makeshift ball, a contemplative look on their face. "Are you mute or something? Hey, hey, raise your hand if you're mute."

The boy didn't do anything but continue to look at them. "Well, I guess you aren't mute then. Are you selectively mute? You just don't wanna talk?" (Y/N) had continued to try and draw out conversation but to no avail, he didn't respond to anything. "Ah! I know! You wanna play with me?!" They had happily exclaimed. They began to bounce the ball.