(What we have is a genuine bond) Human! Reader

Rui is human at the beginning of the story
He'll be a demon in the next part.

"Rui~" I sang out as Rui had his head resting on my lap while his body was curled up very close to me. I gently pat his head, and at times would shake his shoulders to get him up.

He grumbled softly and opened his eye and peered up at me. I smiled softly. "Come on, it's time to take your medicine." I said, assisting him with sitting up.

You see, I am Rui's personal 'nurse' in a sense. We were and still are childhood friends in a manner. We met when our parents were meeting up at Rui's house so my mother could treat him and I got to meet him. At first I wondered why he never went outside with other kids but realized he couldn't. He could hardly run and play let alone run, so I got accustomed to spending as much time as possible with Rui. He was the loneliest person I've ever met, and it was never his fault. He was born with a weak body. It wasn't his mother's fault either. Either way I don't mind. Luckily my mother was a former nurse and had me learn a lot of things from her experience, she figured out the situation Rui was in a long time ago, and offered to let me learn some of her techniques. After a long period of time (three months) I began to treat Rui myself, Rui's parents were a little hesitant at first but they care around after some time.

Back to the present

I gently grabbed a cup and made a combination of herbs and brewed them into tea. A nasty smelling one but will get the job done for today. Rui at times would say it taste better than it smells. I placed it near his lips and tilted his head back so he can drink the tea down, since he has trouble doing that himself.

I placed the tea away from his face, and down on a nearby coffee table. I looked back over to Rui and saw him swaying, a common effect of the red spider lily herb. (Just so you know I made that part up about the side effect, it's just for the story so please bear with me.) I guided him over to his futon and gently tucked him in underneath.

"Rui, I'll need to leave you alone for a while. I won't be far, I'll just be outback, picking some more Areca Palm." I explained. (Areca palm is a flower to help with oxygen, I'm not sure if it can be found in whatever country and state the people in the anime are in.)

However Rui just grabbed my wrist and attempted to hold it with a strong grip, however his body won't allow it. I placed my hand over his and gently and easily placed his hand back under his futon. "It's alright Rui. I'll be back, I won't leave you." I said, softly as I stood up, straightened out my (f/c) kimono and headed out back.

(Keep in mind his parents and yours aren't present.)

I slid the door open and went down the steps in the side and into their little garden. I bent down near their lily patch and picked up their neatly made basket with a nice design of a rose on it, colored with a crimson. I admired it for a while and went on my Mary way into the edge of their land, at the very brink of the forest.

Third person POV.

You came to your usual spot and knelt down, placing the basket beside you. You lowered down and examined the condition of your usual batch of Areca Palm. You blinked, and cocked an eyebrow. The Areca Palm's were ... how should you say it, disfigured, ravage, and annihilated. Yeah.
'What could have done this?' You thought, poking at the corpse of your oxygen plants. 'Maybe a scavenger.' You rationalized with yourself. You stood, grabbing the basket and walking back to the house.

You walked back up the stairs, of course placing the basket down back where you got it, and accompanied Rui, as he rest on his futon, snoring ever so slightly. You smiled upon his peaceful moment, it was quite rare for him to be at peace with his condition.

You sat down next to him, with him immediately moving over to your warmth and curled up next to you. You placed your hand in his hair ever so gently and pat him. Waiting for his parents to return to take care of him so you can head back home.

Their will be a part 2