*Cuddles*

Requested by Ithinal

Clearly this is going to be a fluff. Maybe a few smidges of angst with each one, but ultimately is fluff.

Of course, Out of character Rui, obviously.

Gender neutral + Cringe + Short, didn't have any good ideas for this one so I just, once again, did what come to mind and went with the flow. (Does 3848 words count as short?)

If you are wondering, not likely, part two for the Rui x reader one is coming out soon...I just don't know how to format what I want to happen and I REALLY want to finish it on pt2 and not make a pt3. In the meantime, I'll just polish and post other things like requests from a long time ago. When pt2 does come out, I'll just move it to be in order.

I'm quite proud with how long my one shots are becoming. They aren't too short unless I don't have much to type, I try to have them be long, but it just doesn't work at times, writer block, maybe?

Going to be different sections for this one. Don't get it, you'll see, like right there, below.

_____Human____

"Say, hasn't Rui been a little too nice lately?"

"Yeah. I wonder why? He wasn't this kind before."

"It's obvious, it's the human, (Y/N) as they call themself. They are very bothersome."

"They are quite a hassle to keep around. Always hunting for human food and whatnot."

"Agreed, but at the same time, as long as they're here, Rui won't hurt us, at least as bad."

The two-spider demon's chit chatted together as (Y/N) sat in the other room, across from the mother spider. She took notice of (Y/N)'s crestfallen face as they listened to the other demons. The walls were shallow and weren't hard to hear through.

"Don't mind what they say." She had broken (Y/N) from their thoughts as they looked to her to see her with a gentle smile present on her face. She offered a hand to (Y/N). They crawled over and rested their head on her chest as she rubbed their head. 

"...Am I truly nothing more than someone who's considered a leash?" The mother spider shook her head as she shushed (Y/N) "Of course not. Take pride in the face that you can be someone who is genuine in their bond with him. He isn't easy to get along with, understand that and be proud of your accomplishment." 

(Y/N) just sat there, looking into space, lost in thought. They snuggled closer to her. They had stayed like that for a while, both relishing in each other's presence. 

The moment was abruptly ruined as footsteps could be heard, moving ever so slowly. They moved at this pace that everyone has learned to listen out for. The mother spider froze and after a second began to shake from fear. 

(Y/N) quickly removed themselves from her chest and across the room discreetly. Not even a second later, the door opened slowly to reveal Rui. He walked in the room, closing it behind himself and looked from the mother to (Y/N), a rather blank look on his face.

The mother shook in fear in the corner, her eyes never straying from Rui. (Y/N) made sure to keep an eye on him as well as he just stood there, eyes never wavering as they were pinned on the mother. The atmosphere was very tense, and it grew thicker and thicker with every second.

Rui suddenly heaved a sigh and made his way over to (Y/N), startling them for a moment. He sat beside them and pulled them into a hug. They awkwardly hugged back as they looked towards the mother spider. She looked back; a couple drops of sweat present on her face.