(A demon to a demon? You must be delusional!) Human!reader

Requested by tadane-chan

My head aches.

I wonder why.

Maybe I tripped and slammed my head down?

Maybe I got up too fast when I woke up?

I don't think that's it. I don't recall waking up.

I slipped an eye open to look at my surroundings. I can't say for sure but I'd say the world around me is swimming. I felt wobbly. Like someone was shaking me. I hear...panting...? Huh. I wonder why. I stretch my neck to get a better look around me. Trees, moving?

Since when did trees grow feet? It's super dark, it must be night time. When my vision cleared up it turns out I'm on someone's shoulder as they run. Huh. For a whole second I thinking the trees grew legs and decided to leave this planet. Oh well. I looked behind me to see a scrawny person, I think. They were running. I wonder why. Is something after him?

Oh, maybe I'm his princess and he's saving me from a dragon? Nah, that's too childish.

I felt something trickling down my face, it was making me itchy on my face, so I tried to raise my hand, emphasis on 'tried'. I stretch my neck a little more and see my wrists are tied together. Huh, you'd think I'd notice this before. Guess not.

I began struggling to get free however that just seems to garner this person's attention. He looked back at me over his shoulder as he continued to run. His eyes were a deep shade of red. His skin a nasty looking gray, because of all the...dried and fresh blood. Nope.

I began struggling more and more until he dig his shoulder into my stomach, causing me to wince.
...
How did I get in this situation...?

Earlier...Like a solid 3...5 minutes.

"Rui!" I called out into the forest as I had a basket of freshly picked dandelions. I waited, kicked some pebbles, sticks and stones here and there. Until I heard something perch on the branch above me.

I stepped back while looking up, nearly tripped, and saw the little demon I've waited for probably a good minute for. I raised a hand and waved at him. "Hello, Rui." I beamed as he side glanced to the right and left of the forest before dropping down in front me. I rushed over and hugged him as he slowly and delicately embraced me back. "How are you? How have the family been? Did anything exciting happen?" I asked enthusiastically.

He blinked as he left the hug and gazed around us. "Rui...?" I asked, tilting my head as I looked at him. I blinked in surprise and looked back at me. "Hello, (y/n). I hope you've faired well while we've been apart." He said. I grinned. "Of course! Oh!" I suddenly realized the dandelions I had in my basket. I quickly grabbed several and presented it to him.

"I picked these for you!" I handed it to him as he gazed at them. "I happened to stumble upon them when I was about to head over. They were growing around the house and I wanted to give them to you!" He was silent for a moment until. "You...you picked these for me...?" He sounded almost doubtful. "Yeah! I thought you'd like them." I smiled.

"Thank you." He mumbled. "You're welcome!" I beamed. "Well. What do you want to do Rui?" I asked.

He was silent, still gazing at the dandelions.

"I think you should go back home, (y/n)." Rui said.

"..............................what?" I mumbled. "You should go home." He repeated. "W-why?" I asked. "It isn't safe around here. There's been more demons here lately." He said. "But I have you. You can protect me." I said. "I can do that however you can't be too dependent on me. Something could happen to you." He said. "But-" I tried to convince him however he shut me up with a glare as he began to gently push me back in the direction I came from. "You should go. It's too dangerous." He said as he just vanished.

........he could've walked me back for my safety.

Back to the present.

Okay...That doesn't really explain how I got into this situation...for the most part.

The demon keeps running as he appears to be running away from something...or someone. I wonder what. Or maybe he's just saving me from a another demon. Or maybe he's hostile.

I wonder where Rui is? I haven't seen him since... since... since... I don't know.

All too fast we abruptly stopped. I peaked back up at him to see him shaking. He quickly looked back at me and yanked me off his shoulder. He had my back against his chest as he bared his claws at my throat.

He's teeth we're clenched, his eyes shaking vigorously, and he was shaking. Why? His eyes were trained on something ahead of us...or someone. I looked where he was looking and saw a figure approaching us...menacingly.

When the moon was finally shined on the figure it was Rui.

...

Rui!

I inwardly smiled. I mean this whole situation seems dangerous. I was about to call out to him however the demon behind me draws his claws closer to my throat. I flinched as he did and Rui appeared to noticed. As he had stopped approaching and just stared down the demon, watching his every move.

"L-look kid, I'm just a demon, just like you! I'm just hungry. I haven't eaten in a day or two. A demon to a demon!" He tried to persuade Rui. I glanced from the demon to Rui. He just blinked. He slowly raised his arm and suddenly the man was pinned to the ground, trapped in Rui's web as he wailed in pain.

" 'A demon to a demon'? You must be delusional." Was all Rui said.

I looked back at Rui and saw him look back at me as he approached with his arm still outstretched, his webs still connected to his fingertips. I jogged up to him and embraced him as he embraced me back with his one arm that wasn't busy. He glanced at me and noticed the blood coming from my forehead as he it had dripped all the way to my chin from the left side of my face.

His hand raised from my back to my forehead as he parted my hair to see a nasty looking wound, it could probably be infected. It was a huge and long gash. It was purple around the edges. He looked back to the demon with a emotionless face.

"Rui?" He looked back at me as he picked me up bridal style with his one arm. With his arm that's holding the demon down, he yanked him up and entangled the web in the branches as the demon hanged upside down. He broke off the webbing from his fingertips and used it to support my legs as turned and began walking...somewhere.

I winced as my head was stinging. Instinctively I was about to place my hand there to try and ease the pain however Rui stopped me with his mere words. "Don't do that. Your hand my infect to wound if not further." He stated. I placed my hand back down as Rui continued to walk.

I don't know how to end this so this is the end. I hope you liked it. It's my longest one yet. 1239 words.