Rui x Upper moon! Reader pt.2

Requested by variangst and V0Lc1ty 

I'm sorry once more for the inconvenience.

gender neutral + Smidge of angst (Fluff) 

Also, for the sake of the oneshot, (f/n), will stand for (fake name). I'll let you know when it stands for friends, but for this one, it'll stand for (fake name).

Word count (1228)

________________________________________________________________________________

A day.

A week.

A month.

A year.

A year had pass since he had last spoken to (Y/N). They had managed to avoid him like the plague for that long. Not only did they manage to avoid about him, but it appears to him that they were actively trying to forget him as well.

It was truly horrible, and the other moons took notice. Most if not, all cared. Most just minded their own business, some couldn't care less, some actively were watching the drama unfold. Some were betting even, whether they'll make up or it'll continue like this for God knows how long.

Douma in particular was very interested. He was one of the ones who watched. At times, he'd meddled around, coaxing Rui and (Y/N) to make up. The next day however, he'd tell them the exact opposite. It was truly scandalous. 

(Y/N), for one, paid no heed to him. They knew what he was doing and wouldn't allow him to, even if they did nothing or did go to Rui, they'd still do what he wanted. They knew he didn't particularly care about the outcome of the situation, he just wanted to either cause drama or be a part of it for the sake of attention.

(Y/N) didn't get Rui, now that they thought about it. They had noticed how Rui would cast a glance to them every once in a while. How whenever a meeting was over, he'd hesitate to go to them, but they'd already be gone before he could decide, if anything they were sure he was making sure they'd keep their distance from him.

He had made it clear after all.

He didn't want to see them. At all. 

It was rather a matter how they saw it, last, they had talked with-TO Rui he seemed to not care at all, if anything, they believed he was silently glad that they were finally going to give him some peace and quiet.

That brings us to now. (Y/N) was currently hanging about in their home, under the alias (f/n) Higashi. They lived with a rather lonely lady, Mrs. Higashi but she'd prefer they'd call her 'mom'. She had found them on a particularly chilly night, lurking around. Being the kind soul she is, she brought them into her lovely estate and has been taking care of them as if they were her own child. 

They'd been living there for some time now, a good couple of months, after they had stopped seeing Rui. Of course, they had been sulking around because they were still trying to get over him, their failed attempt at making a friend. They had walked around, not minding their surroundings, wondering what they could've done better, different even. 

They sat in their room, reading various books to pass the time. Mrs. Higashi had maids and butlers of sorts who'd hang around them, keeping an eye on them as per' her order. During the night, when everyone had gone home and Mrs. Higashi had gone to her chambers to rest and (Y/N) didn't have anything better to do, they had discovered that Mrs. Higashi actually had a husband and a son from a photo that hidden under the estate, with a hidden passage that was hidden behind a cabinet holding artifacts of all kinds.