Linking Arms, Sinking Hearts

AND WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!! EEEEK I love the ending to this chapter

<3 I'll have another chapter out either tomorrow night or Tuesday early morning. The next chapter is an 80's one <3

-----------

Panting, heart racing, sweat dripping down his face, Alistair stumbled his way through the narrow hallway of the empty hotel wing.  He stopped startled by a noise, only to realize it was the deafening sounds of his heart beating against his chest, threatening to implode.  He looked behind him at the hallway leading to the dining hall.  He knew with a single turn on the handle he could find his buried secrets in the back freezer.

"Al..."

Alistair felt his body heat up, an instant head rush blinded his vision.  He shut his eyes tightly and felt himself fall forward.  With his hands against the walls, he tilted his head down, and focused on his shaky breath.

"Al, look at me."

"No, no no no, you're not here."  Alistair's voice cracked realizing he was speaking to the apparition of Malakai.  His brows lifted and his lips pouted, wrinkling the skin around his mouth as he held back his tears. 

"It's okay, just look at me."

Alistair turned his head slowly, opening his eyes.   He was met with Malakai smiling at him, that familiar sunny grin.  Alistair's eyes drifted down and saw Malakai's chest was hollow, blood oozed out of him.

"I–I didn't know Malakai, I didn't know."

"I shouldn't have snuck up on you.  But we can be together again.  Just let go."  He stepped forward placing his hand on Alistair's shoulder.  "Alistair, just let it all go.  Go back in that room, we're all waiting for you."

Alistair turned away from Malakai and was met with Fiona.  His brows lifted and a sob left his lip.  Her head laid low on her shoulder with her ear tightly pressed to her collar bone.  She smiled at him.  Her neck twisted and broken.

"Let go."  She beckoned him.  Alistair brought his shaky hands to his ears and pressed down hearing the voices of all those he ever killed, luring him to the room. 

He shut his eyes crying and felt his back fall against the wall.  His body slowly dropped as he pressed his hands firmly down.  The voices whispering words of reassurance, turned to screams and cries begging him to show mercy.  Sounds they uttered before their death.  Sounds that began to haunt him recently from recurring nightmares.

And then he saw her.  A vision of a dark haired witch in a white satin dress, slowly falling to her death.  Her black hair danced around her porcelain face, whimsical like brush strokes on a blank canvas, painting a poetic tragedy. 

The sky above them turned red and sounds of thunder howled, moving in closer.  Alistair stood at the balcony with his arm stretched down trying to reach for her.  He looked down and saw her eyes slowly flutter open.  They were completely black.  She smirked, falling to her death.  Alistair squinted his eyes, noticing a cloud of black dust form beneath her on the ground.  He looked down and watched as the black cloud quickly rushed back up towards him. 

The deafening screeching sound of thousands of bats rushing back up towards him, brutally engulfed him.  He stood, trapped in a cloud of bats scratching and biting his skin, blinding him with aggressive flaps of their wings, overwhelming him.  His hair fell over his eyes as he frantically tried to escape their attack.  He screamed in agony, feeling them feed on his flesh.  Their venom seeped into his bloodstream turning his veins black under his skin.  He swung his arms, unable to stop them.