Isn't it awful when I talk about my dreams

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fall season is here so I'm feeling a little spooky. Also I need to finish this book before The Car consumes my life! I am hoping to finish it before Halloween. Thank you for being patient with me.

The first part of this chapter is going to look familiar <3

Shit it getting real.

-------------------------------

Opening his eyes,  he was greeted by the flickering lights of the cabaret.   He felt warm and a little disoriented.

Looking over at Stella, he smiled and slowly stood up. 

Alistair took off his leather jacket placing it on a chair off stage near the birthday balloons. "Now Stella love---- you know tonight was the exception to my rule.   I only play jazz here.  But----"he turned to her smiling, raising his brows.  "This is a classic and I really wanna dance with you to this particular song."

Stella smiled nervously waiting for him.  She looked above at the flickering lights.  The song filled the room.  Her heart immediately sank.

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

Alistair moved down from the stage walking towards her.  They danced before but something about tonight felt different.  Revealing.  He nervously swallowed, clenching his jaw moving towards her.  He brought his arm behind her, placing his hand in the center of her back.

But I can't help falling in love with you

Stella flinched. "No no--- I'm so sweaty! You'll get hurt."  Alistair pouted shaking his head. 

"No—you're not."  His fingers didn't burn him.  His fingers lingered on her back feeling her smooth skin.  He pulled her in tightly.  He took her other hand into his, locking their fingers together.  It didn't burn him. 

"See?  You're not that sweaty." He smiled gently as he spoke.  He held her hand to his lips kissing her skin.  Stella's heart raced, a rush of excitement flushed through her body and she felt a knot in her stomach leaning into him, swaying to the music. 

Shall I stay?

Would it be a sin

Alistair's lips parted over her hand.  He brought her hand down holding it against his chest.  He felt her heart racing. 

"Stella---" His own voice shook as his heart pounded against his chest.  He searched her eyes.  "Remember when we first met---on the park bench, you said you were a hopeless romantic?"

Stella nodded licking her lips remembering.  She couldn't believe how far away that felt now.  "yeah—"

"I—I'm a hopeless romantic too." He trembled as he unraveled.

If I can't help falling in love with you

Stella's breath increased as she swallowed, gazing into his brown eyes.  Alistair's eyes softened looking down at her, he lifted his brow.  "And hopeless romantics----they fall in love easily, don't they?"

"they---they do. Yes."  Stella stuttered.  Alistair parted his lips to speak.

He felt a hold on him.  Something was telling him not to say it, not to feel it, he was fighting it and he didn't know if it was his instinct.  He dropped his forehead down against hers.  The feeling strangled his neck.  The music playing around them.