Fireside

I love love love this chapter!!! I tied the first book to this book finally in a way that I'm so happy with!

Tell me what you think!! ALSO I KNOW everyone loves Tabitha so there is a scene here with her---and of course the ending tugged at my heart. I used songs from 1912 for the first part and really dug into Sheffield history!

Some smut but compared to what I write it's nothing hahah

I didn't realize I was gonna go in this direction but when I did the math all the time lines worked out so perfectly that my story took on a life of its own (The ending in this chapter will explain it)

Alistair - 70's - EYCTE
Kid - 70s - Humbug
Alistair and Kid in 1913-1920 - Think of Alex Turner during the itunes 2013 festival!

------------------------------------

December 25, 1976

Seattle, Alistair's Room

"Nathaniel?  What's happening to me?"

Alistair paced around the room in his white bathrobe.  After they discovered the bodies he kept as souvenirs in the cabaret, Jackson and Marcus spent Christmas day and night washing the sins of the cabaret away.  Nathaniel drew him a bath using lavender and chamomile herbs to calm his nerves.  He sat on the sofa facing the lit fireplace and watched fire dance along the logs as his mind swayed back and forth with wild theories of Alistair's current darkness.

Alistair reached for a comb off his dresser and smoothed his wet wavy locks back.  He looked at himself in the mirror searching his reflection.   His dark hair tightly pulled back, tightening the lines around his eyes with his structured cheekbones on full display. His image reminded him of the vampire in the Dracula novel Malakai gave him as a joke on his birthday.  Alistair furrowed his brows and pursed his lips admiring this new look.

His grim condition pulled him out of his vain fantasy and back to reality.  Alistair brushed his fingers through this hair, loosening the wet strands.  He felt a few fall forward covering his eye.

Sitting next to Nathaniel, Alistair narrowed his eyes towards the fire.  He wondered if Tabitha held the answers, Nathaniel couldn't arrive at.  He wondered if this sudden darkness in his life was related to Tabitha's sun curse.  He dropped his chin.  Do you hate me this much Tabby?, he thought to himself.  A flicker in the fireplace caught his attention.  He didn't understand its significance but his intuition pulled at him and his mind flashed a memory of Tabitha.  They were at a beach outside of Malibu and she was smiling and shaking her head at his horrible sunburn. 

"Should've listened to me!  Coppertone Al.  I'm telling you, it's not a bad brand."  She was laying on her stomach on a beach towel in her bright red one piece looking up at him.  He was sitting under an umbrella with his arms badly burned.

Being a vampire, however, had its perks.  Tabitha watched as his burns slowly faded, healing.  She shook her head not understanding why he insisted on putting himself through this process almost daily.    Alistair loved the sun more than his cravings for blood.  He would endure its pain to bathe in the love it emitted.

Alistair smirked, his eyes devilish behind his sunglasses.  "Sorry to disappoint you love, but the Brit in me is impervious to sunblock.  You'd have to literally block the sun away from me."

"For you, I'd curse the entire summer sky to keep you safe."  She smiled softly at him.  Alistair watched her cross her arms on the towel and bring her chin down to rest on them.  Her legs kicked back and forth behind her as the sun danced across her backside.