Chapter 07

A/N: Hello! I just updated it now
I might not be able next week (May 9) because there will be a national election in the Philippines. I might get busy throughout the day.

That's all, enjoy reading!

Chapter 07: Mirror

(This chapter will feature Taehyung's point of view)

"Mr. Kim, why are you late?" Our strict professor asked, while her hands are on her waist. She glanced at her wristwatch. "You're almost 15 minutes late."

My lifeless eyes scanned throughout the classroom... until my eye caught the girl staring at me. Mixed of worried and confusion visible in her eyes.

We both locked in a staring contest, not until I diverted my gaze and face my teacher.

"S-sorry Ms. Jang, I promise I won't do it again."

Professor Jang rolled her eyes. Uhm, okay. It's been her habit, but I hope that she would accept my apology. "Okay, Mr. Kim. You may now sit."

I nodded and went to my place, beside her. I didn't notice that the chairs were fixed already. The chairs are parted from each other. Maybe to avoid cheating.

Cheating...

Eh? What am I thinking?!

I bowed my head down to avoid the embarrassment due to my tardiness earlier. Honestly, there's a reason why I'm late.

"Hey, Taehyung, problem?" I turned to see Jin hyung asking me curiously, as he was staring at me intently. "Why are you late."

My lips formed into a straight line. I my peripheral view, I saw Jeongyeon. She's looking at me. "N-nothing, hyung."

"You sure?"

"Of course?" I replied, as I forced a smile. She's still looking at me, but I didn't bother throwing a glance at her. My heart beats like a drum roll again. I want to take my heart out, and throw it away.

We stayed like that. No one dared to break the deafening silence. Professor Jang is busy discussing, and reviewing us for our test later on. I sighed, and pretended that I'm listening, even though my thoughts were floating.

"T-Taehyung...?"

No Kim Taehyung. Don't turn. Don't face her.

"H-hey?"

I stayed still. I don't care if I look weird today.

I saw her bow her head down. She gently closed her eyes and bit her lower lip. Yes, I saw her in my peripheral vision, but I never dared facing her.

My thoughts were snapped back, when the person infront is passing me the test papers from the back. Nayeon even turned and say.

"Hey, get one and pass." Nayeon said. She's a bit irratated.