Chapter 15

A/N: So, I have already published my new story, entitled: The Holdupper. It is a story, featuring jeongmin.

This is the last chapter, btw. Happy reading!

Chapter 15: Graduation and Confession

(This chapter will feature Taehyung's point of view)

7 months ago...

"Kim Taehyung, Grade 10: Section A-Rose, with... high honors!" The crowd was filled with claps, as I stood up the stage, with my brightest smile. Damn, with high honors?! I can't believe this!

Imagine, me being one of the students who received 'with high honors'? I mean, I only usually achieve 'with honors', but nevertheless on what do I achieve, I'm happy because I know that I'm doing my best.

This is one of my biggest flex!

I'm not smart enough, but my dedication and hardwork bring me from where am I right now. I can't help, but to feel proud.

"Congratulations, my son!" Mom hissed at me, and I smiled. She hang the medal at my neck as I was holding my diploma. I saw my dad smiling, while holding a digital camera beside the school photographer. "Tae, say cheese!"

"Thanks mom!" I said, and hugged her. Meanwhile my mom smiled at me proudly, as she left the stage. We remained standing there.

"Congratulations, Tae!" Jimin hyung said, and waved his medal. I also did the same. We're both with high honors. "We're going to senior high school!"

I returned the smile that he gave me. I'm so lucky to have friends like them. They're irreplaceable.

She's irreplaceable.

Oh, wait. We always save the best for the last, right?

"Yoo Jeongyeon, Grade 10: Section A-Rose, with... highest honors!"

The crowd went my wilder as the emcee finally announced the student who received the highest honor. Jeongyeon walked up here in the stage, with her mother, who's proudly smiling.

"Congratulations, my dear." I heard her mom said as she hang the medal at her neck. Her mom also mouthed 'congratulations' to me, which I mouthed 'thank you'. "I'm so proud and happy for you."

Claps, greetings, and camera flashes surrounded the venue where this memorable event held. All students with or without honors still wearing a bright smile on their faces, as they stood up on stage, and accepted their diplomas.

As soon as her mother went down, my best friend looked at me. Her brown curly hair bounced as she mouthed 'congratulations' to me. I reciprocated her smile.

The smile that I've been always wanted to protect.

I can't help, but to be proud of myself.

To be proud of her.