Tale of Two Assassins | Chapter 1

--Somewhere in Central City--

The glamourous lights, decorated walls and fancy food was not his typical crowd. As a matter of fact it was the exact scene that he hated. His tuxedo was practically suffocating him and he had to pretend to be friendly.

"C'mon Barry just a little longer."

"You said that five minutes ago..." Barry muttered into his comm piece.

"This was your plan remember?"

"I didn't know I was going to be the one out here."

"Think of it as a necessary sacrifice to catch a greater evil."

His eyes scanned the crowd and so far he saw nothing out of the ordinary, "Was your intel correct?"

"My intel is always correct."

"Doesn't seem like that to me." Barry mumbled

"Eat your words Barry Allen. Target spotted in the East Hallway."

He wasted no time and made his way to the East Hallway. Finally able to pull his tie off and ran past a pillar and and near the pillar was a gun he had hidden earlier before the party. He mde it to the East Hallway and found a single person walking in the corridor.

"Target is all yours Allen."

"Stop moving!" Barry yelled as the woman stopped walking, "The White Wolf...a very dangerous and efficient assassin, considered the best of the best. Wherever you go, a tradgey occurs."

"I'm humbled that you know who I am." She said turning to face him.

The moment their eyes met he could tell something was off. It was like her eyes were full of pain and regret. He's been on the field long enough to know when someone doesn't want to fight.

But he was also instantly he was captivated by her deep blue eyes and her golden hair that was flowing behind her. He pushed his thoughts aside and aimed his gun at her, "Why are you here? Who's your target?"

"How do you know I'm not here to enjoy the party?"

"That's not your style."

"I'm.....flexible."

"Barry just get her already and stop flirting."

Just as he was about to pull the trigger and flung a knife from her hand and hit the gun from his grip. She darted fowards and pinned him against a wall and thrusted a knife at him that he narrowly managed to avoid.

After smelling her enchanting perfume he kicked her off him and smiled slightly, "Why are you smiling like that?"

"It's not every day you fight such a beautiful woman." It must have been his mind playing tricks on him but he could have sworn he saw a small blush on her face.

The two of them engaged in hand-to-hand combat again, this time Barry managing to slightly get the upper hand over her. During his time as a mercenary he really didn't like fighting women, it just made his job more difficult.

She kneed him in the stomach and wrapped part of her dress around his neck and suffocated him, "Who told you I would be here?" She asked.

He threw his head back and hit her in the nose and pushed her off him, "Sorry about that....You clearly were about to kill me."

She wiped the blood from her nose and stood back up. She opened her palm and revealed that she had emptied his pockets during that fight.

"Why do you have ID on you!"