A Well-Kept Secret | Chapter 1

There were many things that he looked forwards to after finishing his shift at the CCPD. Going home, relaxing, reading, cooking, just overall living and enjoying his life but there was one thing he enjoyed even more than that.

"Hey Barr." His girlfriend smiled at him warmly, "How was work?" She asked as she walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"It was tiring, y'know how it is." Barry chuckled softly, brushing loose hair from her face, "You look very pretty today."

His girlfriend immediately avoided his gaze out of embarrassment and rested her head against his chest, "What's wrong?" He teased, "Baby Kara can't handle a little compliment?"

"Who are you calling a baby?" She asked looking up at him and raising her eyebrow, "Because I know it's not me." She said firmly, placing her fists on her hips.

"Babe I was joki-"

"I remember yesterday you were whining because when you got home, I didn't give you a hug. I don't know about you but that sounds pretty childish to m-"

Barry cut her off by bringing her by the waist into a kiss, the only way to shut her up and her favourite way.

"I'm sorry." He said with a small smile.

"Kiss me again and then I'll forgive you."

He chuckled and gave into her demands. They stood there in the middle of their apartment in each other's embrace, only being illuminated by the singular light of the living room.

 "I love you, Barry." She said pressing her face against his chest with a big smile on her face.

"I love you too Kara." He said resting his chin on top of her head.

They both collectively heard a siren sounding through the city causing their instincts to kick in.

"I-I just realised I left something in my car." Barry said quickly as he unwrapped his arms from his girlfriend, "I'll be back." He said as he left the apartment.

Once he got out the building he disappeared in a flash of lightning and ran to the scene of the sirens. It was a high-speed chase of a car full of thugs shooting at the police on their tail.

He sped through the rogue vehicle and tied them all up, all before the cop cars could even come to a stop.

"Thank you Flash. You saved the day...yet again." One of the cops she sheepishly as he gave them a quick nod.

From the skies he saw a fluttering red cape and discretely rolled his eyes, "Look who showed up late." Barry smirked as Supergirl hovered in the air above them.

"Seems like you didn't need my help this time...unlike all the other times." She retorted as the two of them locked gazes.

All the surrounding cops collectively sighed because they had lots of experience working with The Flash and Supergirl, but working with them while they were together was a nightmare in some cases.

"Actually, I never needed your help, you just decided to show up unannounced."

"I'm sorry, do I need to make a booking with the criminals before I can arrest them?" She asked, hovering back down to the floor with her fists on her hips.

"Funnily enough yes, these criminals over here were just saying that exact same thing." Barry said as Kara rolled her eyes as his snarky remark.

Supergirl saw The Flash as an irresponsible smartass that had all these powers and nothing better to do with them other than steal her thunder. He always had a cocky smirk and annoying attitude that rubbed her the wrong way.