A Well-Kept Secret | Chapter 2

"Why do you need my help?"

"You're the only that can take out Captain Cold and Heatwave and... besides us you're the only person he trusted."

She hovered down to the ground to be face to face with them, "W-What do you mean?" She asked in a confused tone.

"I know how much you don't get along with them, but he trusted you and told us that if he to ever go MIA that Central City was still in good hands."

Kara gave it a lot of thought before finally agreeing, "What do we know so far?"

Caitlin and Cisco had taken her into their lab where they began explaining the full situation to her, "Unlike your regular street thugs, Captain Cold and Heatwave are very smart and calculating. We are still waiting for them to make their demands."

"How are they able to stop The Flash? I thought he was invincible."

"He's still human underneath that suit. The cold gun can negate his speed and when he's frozen it takes a longer time for him to heal. The cold gun is his natural enemy." Cisco explained.

"But something like that wouldn't affect you right?" Caitlin asked as Kara shook her head.

She was in deep thought about the whole situation but managed to overhear murmurs between the two scientists.

"What did you say?" Kara asked as the two of them quickly acted like they weren't whispering to each other.

"What? We didn't say anything?" Caitlin quickly said, nervous with her heart beating out of her chest.

"I have super hearing."

They gave each other embarrassed looks, "We were saying how The Flash always talked about you and how you were similar to how he described."

"Let me guess, he thinks I'm a robot with no joy in life." She exasperated.

"He admires you more than you think." Caitlin said softly, "Do you want to know why he puts that suit on every day?" She asked, looking at the mannequin that normally houses his suit, "You inspire him, he wants to be a hero that inspires hope in people not just someone that puts bad guys in prison. That's what he actually thinks of you."

She couldn't help but smile, "Do you know if he has anyone who he fights for?"

"He does. She means everything to him and he vowed to make this city a safer place for her and for their future. Also, another big part of why he is the way he is."

"He sounds like Barry."

"What about you Supergirl?" Caitlin asked, "Why do you fight for this city?"

"Someone in my life who is also very special to me, he has gone through a lot in his life. Yet he always sees the best in every situation, most people would have broken after what he went through, but he stays positive and keeps smiling. I want to be more like him, I want to protect the smiles of the people that live in this city."

Their moment was interrupted by static on the TV, all around the city all the televisions were hacked to display a screen. It was The Flash with his arms chained up in the air and unconscious.

"Hello Central City." Captain Cold said in a low and menacing tone, "I am sure you know who this is." He said motions towards the Scarlett Speedster, "And I am also sure you want to know who is under this mask."

He grabbed the bottom of the mask before turning back to face the camera, "One million dollars, or I will kill the beloved Speedster that protects this city." He said before all the cameras shut off, returning the televisions back to normal.