Harships of Love | Chapter 2

She stepped off the train and after a long time she was back in her home city. Iris quickly flagged down a cab because she wanted to waste no time at all. She needed to go to STAR Labs and convince the CEO to make up with her CEO. She didn't know the full story but all she cared about was being able to see Kara smile again.

"STAR Labs please." She said as her cab driver nodded and took off.

If everything went according to her plan she could have the two finally reunite after nine months.

After the cab dropped her off she immediately made her way into the lobby. As she walked in she saw a few people standing around and her eyes were darting around the room until they landed on a woman with a STAR Labs lanyard around her neck. Iris quickly waved her down before she could leave.

"Excuse me, can I have a moment of you time please?" Iris asked as the brown haired woman turned to face her with a slightly confused expression on her face.

"Who are you?" The woman asked.

"Oh I'm Iris West with Cat Co World Wide Media. I was hoping to get an interview with Barry Allen."

"Dr Allen is very busy at the moment."

"It'll only take a moment."

"L-Like I said before he's very busy." The woman said as she tried to hurry off but this was Iris' only chance and she couldn't let it slip.

"I want to talk about his marriage!" Iris said as the woman stopped in her tracks. She turned around and grabbed Iris' hand and pulled her away from the other people.

"What did you just say?" The woman asked.

"Barry Allen....he's married right. I know who he's married to."

"It's Kara Danvers....your boss."

"H-How did you know?" Iris asked in shock.

"I'm Caitlin Snow." The woman introduced, "I want to help Barry since I owe him a lot. Even if it means meddling in his love life a bit."

"Same goes for me. Kara used to be my friend." Iris said as she extended her hand, "Will you help me reunite them and save their marriage?"

"Of course." Caitlin said as they shook hands.

***

Kara was sitting at her desk typing on her computer like she usually does when she heard her phone start ringing as she picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Kara, how fast can you come to Central City?" Iris asked.

"What are you talking about Iris?"

"You promised we could have breakfast together though."

"I'm at work right now."

"Yeah, at a company you own."

Kara let out a deep sigh and rubbed the bridge of her nose, "Give me an hour." She said as she hung up.

Barry was looking over his test results and trying to see what he can improve when he felt his phone buzzing.

"Hello?"

"Barry meet me at Jitters in an hour." Caitlin said.

"Why?"

"Breakfast."

"I'm very busy at the moment Caitlin."

"Don't be busy in an hour. I'll see you there." Caitlin finished as she hung up.