Speedster and Speedy | Chapter 1

Having snuck through the back alley and slowly making his way up the stairs. He vibrated himself so he wouldn't get detected by any cameras or alarms. He made it to the door and phased through it and found an empty apartment.

He heard footsteps and saw her standing at the kitchen counter top with her hair in a messy bun while whistling a small tune to herself, "Hey." He said as he stopped vibrating.

She grabbed a knife and threw it at him out of pure instinct which he caught with ease, "You can't do that to me!" She yelled, "What if I killed you?!"

"Relax. If I can dodge bullets I'm sure I can dodge knives thrown by my ninja girlfriend." Barry chuckled as he walked over to her. She let out a small chuckled as a smile grew on her face.

"Well I'm glad you can....because it would suck if you died." Thea smiled as she jogged over and jumped into his arms, giving him a passionate kiss. They stood their in silence, enjoying eachothers embrace until, much to her dismay, he pulled away.

"How was Star City tonight?"

"The usual. Some armoured car heist. Stopped it in five minutes, no big deal." Thea shrugged as she walked back to the kitchen with Barry following behind her, "What about Central City?"

"It was actually pretty quiet today. Not much going on."

"Lucky." Thea mumbled.

"That's why I've been saying. Maybe you should move to Central City...i-if you want." Thea chuckled at how cute her boyfriend was an planted a kiss on his nose.

"I hate it as much as you do but we've been over this Barry. Oliver will immediately get suspicious if I move out of Star City." Thea said, "But....what if you moved here?" She asked, "This apartment is meant for three people.....and I live here alone. There's no better company then my very amazing boyfriend." She smiled.

"Sounds like a good idea." He said as their eyes locked.

--Flashback--

Barry sped into the Bunker, looking for his friend's help only to find it empty, "Oliver...? Anyone home?" He asked. He heard clanking noises like someone was banging metal together and wondered over to the source.

He saw Oliver's sister who he had a brief encounter with hitting a training dummy with metal batons. He stood their quietly waiting for her to finish until she threw one at his head which he caught.

"F-Flash?" She asked, out of breath from her training.

"Um, it's Barry..."

"What brings you by?" She asked, wiping her forehead with a towel

"I need Oliver's help with a case I'm working."

"Well he's busy fighting ninjas on the other side of the Earth right now." She answered.

"Do you perhaps now anyone else who knows a lot about the League of Assassins?"

"I was trained by them. Does that count?" She asked with a small smiled as Barry chuckled, "What'dya got for me?"

--End of Flashback--

In truth, he was overwhelmed. Bloodwork was on the loose and for once, Barry couldn't keep up anymore. He hadn't slept in two days, he wasn't eating enough to maintain being a speedster and he had a few injuries that haven't properly healed yet but, being the person that he is, didn't tell Thea because he wants to spend proper time with her, not in a hospital bed.

This was the first break he's taken in a while and he could feel his fatigue, "What's going on?" Thea asked, seeing him with his head down.

"Nothing..."