Hardships of Love | Chapter 1

STAR Labs. One of the very few labrotories that was leading mankind into the future. Run by one of the most influencial scientists in the world and the face of STAR Labs, Barry Allen. They revolutionised the world with the successful activation of the Particle Accelerator. He truely lived up to his name as one of the smartest people of modern times.

A man who put his career above everything else. Even his own employees would try and make him eat or drink because he would be so invested in his work. No one knew what he was so invested in because he had already achieved his dream of the Particle Accelerator.

"Dr Allen." Caitlin Snow said knocking on his office door. She opened it and, like always saw papers sprawled across his desk with a single lamp illuminating his office, "Are you going home now?"

"Caitlin, I appriciate it that you care about my health. But somethings are more important then my health."

"Can I ask what it is you're working on?"

"Her future." Barry answered. Caitlin nodded slightly before closing the door.

A few months ago her boss was the brightest person in the room. He always inspired his staff to work as hard as they could and was the pillar of STAR Labs until his attitude suddenly changed. Over night he became very shut in, rarely came out of his office and when he did he ignored his staff.

Most of them were very concerned with his behaviour because they all treated eachother like family seeing as they spent most of their time at STAR Labs. No one knew the reason why behind his sudden attitude change but they wanted to help him.

Barry was in his office trying to find a solution when he glanced at the photograph on his desk showing him, his wife and his daughter all before the accident struck them.

He flipped the frame so he couldn't see the photo and closed his eyes to try and shut out the memories but it was fresh in mind like it just happened

"B-Barry what's going on!" She yelled as loud beeping rang through the lab.

"The reactor is overloading! I need to shut it down."

"It's too dangerous!" She warned.

"Everyone is in danger. I have to do it."

"Daddy!!" A small girl cried clinging to his leg.

"Take Nora and go." He yelled.

She reluctantly picked up Nora and began to run but she slipped from her grip and ran towards her dad.

"Nora!!" She yelled but it was too late. The reactor had overloaded and released a mass of energy through the lab.

***

Kara Danvers, someone considered untouchable. She runs Cat. Co after her mentor passed on the company to her and now she's the most influencial and powerful person in the world of media. Her employees admire her for being able to stand alone and rely on no one but herself and pushes them to do better.

But over the past few months her employees have noticed that she lost her once bright smile. She never engages in small talk like she usually would, she would only talk to her assistant for brief moments and it looked like she hadn't slept in a few days.

The photos in her office were all faced down because she couldn't handle the pain each photo brought from her memories.

"Umm, Ms Danvers." Iris West asked softly knocking on the glass door, "Everyone is headed home."

"I don't see how that appiles to me." Kara answered back, not taking her eyes from her work.

"Don't you think you should take a break or go home?" Iris asked as Kara stopped typing to look at her assistant