Red String of Fate | Chapter 2

The major cities and populations had been all evacuated from their homes and cities to places where they were safe. It took a lot of convincing to get the governments on board with their plan, but they finally managed to convince them.

Boats and planes carried people to the Island of Themyscira and the Fortress of Solitude. Cyborg and J'onn had brought together as many heroes as they could that were willing to fight with them and protect their homes.

The heroes made their peace with their families and loved ones, this was possibly their final battle.

Superman was at the Fortress, saying his goodbyes to Lois, "Please promise you me you will come back alive." She whispered against his chest, refusing to let go.

"Of course, I will always come back alive, no matter what. You will be safe here, both of you." He said softly, placing his hand over her stomach.

"Johnathn will need his father to teach him how to use his powers. So, you will most definitely come back safely and in one piece."

"Yes." He laughed.

They shared one more kiss before he reluctantly let go of his wife and locked the entrance of the Fortress of Solitude and flew away to re-group with the rest of the Justice League.

Meanwhile, in the orbit of Earth, she looked down upon everything and closed her eyes and listened. She could hear heart beats, laughter, conversations, clapping, cheering she could hear everything happening on Earth.

She could even hear the nervous chatter, the panicking, the worrying and the prayers to a God that would not save them from her.

She scanned everything with her enhanced vision and saw that the big cities no longer had a large population like the intel that she was given told her. Her plan was to cause as much mayhem as possible and kill whoever stood in her way, it worked every single time.

She then scanned the artic poles and saw a large ice formation that didn't look like it was natural. It was as if it was speaking to her, or something inside of her. She couldn't kill her curiosity and flew down to the Earth's surface and stood in front of the large, towering doors before her.

She slowly placed her hand flat against the door and suddenly a robot shot out of nowhere and began to scan her.

"Who are you and state your business here." Kalex said, trying to figure out the identity of the mysterious woman. Just as Kara was about to obliterate the annoying robot it scanned her eyes.

"Kara Zor-El, the last daughter of Krypton and House of El, you may enter."

She tossed the robot aside along with her thoughts about the past and focused on the future. She entered the Fortress, and she was met with a symbol that she had long forgotten as it meant nothing to her, it an S shaped encased in a diamond like shape.

It was bringing more questions than answers, but her hearing picked up on voices, heartbeats and breaths, thousands of them. The room she discovered had thousands of people; she could pretty much smell the fear within the room. Another rotten stench.

 But mixed in with the smell of fear was a faint hint of something she hadn't smelt in a long time...hope.

It was all radiating from one woman who was smiling into the air. Everything about her made Kara want to burn a hole through her head.

Her smile, her happiness and her hope that she held in her heart, she wanted to take it all away. In the middle of the crowd, she slowly started to fly up. It quickly drew the attention of everyone in the room and the smell of fear grew and grew until it was the only thing she could smell.