A Perfect Pair | Chapter 2

A few days had passed by and with each passing day a feeling of unease grew in her chest as her notifications remained silent. Caitlin was always busy at STAR Labs, and she was too scared to go to CCPD and see him so she waited patiently for a message from him.

But the days slowly went on with no messages.

She returned back to her apartment after a long day and fell onto her couch, not bothering to get changed first. She was staring at her celling, thinking back to that day and how it made her feel.

She held her phone above her face and stared at the blank screen. She started to zone out until her phone started to ring which startled her, causing her to drop it on her face.

She quickly sat up while rubbing her nose and saw the person calling her was her sister, "Hey Alex, what's up?" She answered the call.

"Hey Kara, I just wanted to make sure you're all settled in Central City."

"Yep, all good don't worry." She said with a smile.

"I kind of have to worry sometimes, especially when you move to a whole different city that's two hours away from me."

"You'll be getting white hairs before you turn 30 if you keep this up Alex."

"And who's fault is that?"

"Yours."

She could hear Alex laughing on the other side of the phone which always brought a smile to her face, "I'm going to be checking up on you more often, mainly because mom won't stop pestering me. So, you should also check in with her as well."

"Yes, thank you Alex, love you."

"Love you too stay safe."

She rested her phone down on her and slipped her glasses off her face. She started to rub her eyes because she was staring at her computer all day and felt her phone buzz. She figured it was Alex just being Alex but when she checked it was an unknown number.

She was hesitant to open it but opened it regardless. She then was shocked to see that this person had been messaging her for the past few days, but she must have been too busy to even notice it or completely ignored them when it wasn't a known number. She slowly began to read the messages that had been left which were left over the course of a few days.

"I had a lot of fun yesterday."

"Hello?"

"It's okay you can message me back when you have the time:)"

It was Barry. She had been waiting for his messages but had been ignoring them the whole time. She felt so stupid.

She quickly messaged him back.

"Hey Barry! Sorry I didn't respond for so long I was quite busy and it's an embarrassing story I'll tell you another time. I'm glad you had fun that day I also had a great time." 

She was contemplating sending a love heart but maybe it was too forwards.

As soon as she sent the message, she saw that he had read it and the text bubble appeared.

She shut her phone off and set it on her lap, eagerly and nervously waiting for his response. Maybe he was upset at how long it took her to respond.

She felt it buzz and looked at the message and felt her heart skip a beat.

"Don't worry about it, I know how busy life must be. I'm always here if you ever feel like messaging me <3"

A love heart.