Even a Villian Can Change | Chapter 1

"Really?" She giggled as he laughed along and nodded.

"I don't really know how else to put it." He laughed.

Once their laughter died down he looked at her and smiled, "Who knew you could smile like that?"

"I like being able to smile." She answered, "Sure maybe not inside a red sun prison cell but it's better then being a Nazi commander." She shrugged.

"I'd assume anything would be better then that."

"Tell me about it." She scoffed causing him to laugh, "Thank you for visiting me Barry....you make my imprisonment slightly more bareable." She said with a soft tone.

"No problem." He said giving her the smile that made her week light up and her heart speed up.

She never knew what it felt like to be human and funnily enough she discovered it while being in prison. Being able to laugh, to smile and to cry like anyone else was enough for her.

But one thing she learned....was to appreciate someone special to her. Someone who made her happy and made her forget where she was.

She had learnt a new emotion that was foregin to her....love.

"I-I like you...." She blurted out unwillingly as she shut her eyes out of embarrasment.

"What....?"

"I said....that I like you." She admitted with a gentle sigh escaping her lips, not knowing what was going to happen to their friendship now that her feelings were out in the open.

"I-I can't tell you how I feel."

"I didn't expect you too. I just suddenly sprung this on you....just forget I said anything." She mumbled as she rested her head in her arms out of embarrasment and fear of looking into his eyes.

They both heard the loud metalic doors open and footsteps heading towards them. Barry turned around and saw Alex staring at him.

"Times up." She said as he nodded. As he walked away he turned around and saw her still avoiding his gaze.

"You shouldn't have gotten attached to her." Alex said as the two of them left.

"When you look at her what do you see?" Barry asked.

"What I see is a superpowered Nazi that tried to kill me and my sister and I also recall her trying to kill you."

"You don't seen any trace of your sister at all?"

"No because my sister is a hero...that person in there isn't my sister...she's a villain." Alex said before storming off.

"Do you ever think she's a villain because she never had an Alex?" Barry said but she kept walking.

He tried to convince anyone, just one person that she had changed, that she wasn't the same person that she once was, but no one was willing to listen. They all saw her as Overgirl and not as Kara Zor-El.

"Barry."

He turned to face who called his name to be faced with an all to familiar person, "Kara..."

"Why do you insist on seeing her?" She asked.

"She's changed."

"Villians don't change that easily."

"It's been six months Kara."

"How do you know she's not manipulating you. Thawne manipulated you, so did Zoom."

"It's diffe-"

"No it's not. Thawne manipulated you because you were desperated for guidance and answers. Zoom manipulated you when you needed help against a villian you couldn't face. Barry, you're hurting, don't fall for her tricks....not this time." Kara said softly. He knew she only had his best interests at heart but he wanted to believe in her, believe in the fact she had changed.