Visitors From The Future | Chapter 3

Singing in the Rain was their favourite musical, something they inherited from their dad. But even so, Kara's constant tapping kept distracting them from the movie. Nora paused the musical and looked at her mom.

"Mom, do you want to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?"

"The reason why you're rapidly tapping your fingers and look like you just went through a haunted house."

"I-It's nothing..."

"Crinkle." Alura said.

"How do you know about that?"

"Nora has the same thing."

Kara let out a gentle sigh, "It was a few months ago...our Earth was invaded by outside forces. Long story short the only way to get rid of them was to poison the air with lead, lethal enough for them and safe enough for humans and at the time I happen to be dating a member of that race.....and had to send him into space, not knowing if he was going to survive."

"And it's the same with Barry. Seeing him leave, not knowing if he's safe or not." Kara said as she hugged her arms.

"We feel the same....all the time." Nora said, "Dad would be fighting metas non stop while me and Alura were at school. We couldn't focus on anything other than, will dad be home for dinner?"

"It's something we can't change about him." Kara chucked quietly.

"Dad loves you, he will always come back." Alura smiled softly.

Nora gave her sister and questioning look as Alura coyly shrugged her shoulders, "Hmmm, mom do we have any of your powers?" Nora asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I we have dad's meta powers, so I was wondering if we had your meta powers as well."

"I'm....not a meta." Kara answered.

"Then..what are you?" Alura asked.

"Did Barry not tell you?" She asked as the twins shook their heads, "I'm Kryptonian."

"What's that?"

"I'm from another planet."

Both their eyes widened as Alura and Nora looked at eachother, "You're an alien?"

"Yeah..."

It was like their entire world was flipped upside down, "W-We're half alien..." Nora whispered.

"I'm sorry girls." Kara said softly.

"Mom, don't apologise." Alura chuckled, "We always thought how much our lives would change if we met you. But we never once thought our lives would change for the worse."

"You're gonna make me cry again." Kara said tearily.

"I guess that explains our invulnerbility." Nora shrugged, "And our weakness to that green stone."

"That green stone is called Kryptonite....one of the only things that can kill a Kryptonian. You guys have a higher tolerance to it since you're not fully Kryptonian."

Alura nodded before letting out a soft yawn, "You can sleep if you're tired." Kara laughed quietly as Alura shook her head.

"We only have a few hours left with you. I don't want to spend that time sleeping when I can sleep any time I want."

"You shouldn't push yourself so much." Kara said gentely as she stroked Alura's cheek and brushed some hair from her face.

"Your hands are so warm." Alura smiled softly.