𝟏𝟖

There's this new feeling that I've been walking around with

If I thought I knew what happiness was before, I was wrong because I'm pretty sure this is what it's really supposed to be like. Light, but heavy in a way that isn't overwhelming. My skin feels different, my eyes aren't as heavy, my back is straighter, my chin is up.

Really, I mean, I'd have the energy to do my makeup in the morning everyday if I truly wanted to. The bed in my room is uncomfortable, sure, but I've never slept as well as I am now.

Everything is oddly perfect.

Great me, great friends, great guy—even if he isn't mine mine. He's still the kind of wonderful I've only read about in books.

There's still so much to worry about, but none of it is as impairing.

It's like since forever, I've only ever been meh. But now I'm... I don't even know how to describe it. All I know is that this kind of feeling is otherworldly and intoxicating and I never want it to go away. Though, if it does, I never want to forget it.

Henah waves bye to me as I walk back toward my cabin. "Don't forget us, Summer!"

I frown playfull, walking backwards even though I'm well I aware that my clumsiness comes into play at the worst of moments.

"Sorry, who are you again?" I call and she tips her head back, laughing as she shuts the door to her and Mansa's cabin.

I knock on the door to mine and Noah's cabin when I make it up the death trap that is our few steps. When a few seconds pass and nobody opens the door, I reach for the doorknob.

Now that I've acknowledged that my luck has turned around, God wants to be funny and ruin my mood. Thanks.

I move to grab my phone from my pocket, but oh. I left it in my room because I didn't plan on being with the girl very long. My head drops to the door and I screw my eyes shut. Taking a deep breath, I remind myself to just calm down.

My window is probably open or unlocked. I could yell inside for Noah to unlock the front door. At least then, he'd have to hear me because he's only across the hall. And God knows I can't fit in the window.

Something possesses me to round the house toward Noah's window and when I realize it, I go to turn back to my window. Not like I could have just, oh, I don't know... KNOCKED ON HIS WINDOW?

But I didn't knock. Instead, on my way past his window, I notice his dark hair through a small sliver between his curtains and perk up. He seems to be sitting against the headboard or something, so he must be awake.

His eyes screw shut and I frown a that, getting on my tiptoes to make sure he isn't hurtt or anything and—HOLY MOTHER OF?

I foreign noise escapes my mouth and I tear my eyes away from his large hand wrapped around his penis. My hand flies to cover my mouth and I drop to my haunches.