𝟏𝟗

"Please?" She begs, tugging at my sleeve

"Please?" She begs, tugging at my sleeve. "Literally just one song."

I shake my head, trying not to smile. And for the love of all that is good, trying my absolute hardest not to give into this little request. It would make her happy. She'll smile because she thinks it's sweet or laugh because it sucks but still. The idea behind it is adorable.

Such a small price for something that would make us both so happy. Her happy because she gets what she wants and me because I'm the one who did something to get that smile from her.

"If I let you listen to one, you'll ask for one more song. Wanna know what? I'd say yes, and you'd end up having heard the whole playlist."

She pulls her bottom lip into her mouth. "Well, I didn't want to say anything to expose myself, but that was my plan."

I look at her for a split second, catching her grin at me like she's this all-innocent little thing. She isn't, and she knows it. That's why she's looking at me like that.

"'Cause you know I can't say no to you."

That has her laughing. "That sounded so flirty."

I shrug. "What if that was my intention for that sentence?"

"Definitely not. You don't have that confidence."

She's right. I didn't mean to sound like I'm flirting, but a part of me is a little glad she thinks that was my intention.

I raise a brow at her just as we park, turning to
face her. "You don't think I'm confident?"

"No, no. I think you're confident. Just doubt you would blatantly flirt with me like that."

I park and unbuckle myself, facing her.

Again, she is absolutely right. Flirting with her like it's nothing would permanently damage me. I'd be the flustered one here if I told her everything I thought about her. I wouldn't be able to look her in the eyes ever again if I spoke my mind.

She unbuckles, pulling her legs onto the seat and crossing them.

"Your car is so spacious. It makes me feel tiny."

Like hell it is. I can't sit comfortably in here half the time. But I've had this car for a while and it's more than I ever hoped to have as a kid. So as much as I sometimes wish I had a little more room to work with, it's better than nothing at all.

"I wish I could say I feel the same way."

She smiles and rolls her eyes at me. "Whatever, Noah. No matter what you say, I stand by the fact that these seats are huge."