𝟐𝟎

Noah and me kissed

Noah and me kissed. Our lips touched, we touched and—AGH. I want to do that again and forever.

Noah's hand runs up and down my back before he opens the passenger side door for me. Is this how things will be for us now? More touching, more polite boyfriendy type of stuff?

Wait, wait, wait. All he did is open the door for me. He's done that before.

I have to really think about this, don't I? While I'd like to think I know everything there is to know about Noah... Holy crap, I don't even know his last name. HOW DO I NOT KNOW HIS LAST NAME AND I JUST KISSED HIM?

Okay, this is fine. There are plenty of people who kiss people they don't know well. The difference here, I guess, is that Noah is not some guy at a bar and I am not a rich girl that wants to escape the expectations of her snobby family... Admittedly, that is the plot of the last book I read.

Not the point, not the point. The point is that Noah is not a douchebag and I am not someone who is looking to defy anyone's expectations except my own.

So what I think this means is, because this isn't a romance novel, Noah and Summer have a chance. Summer and Noah just have to learn about each other. Maybe a date? Would Noah want to date me? If he kissed me, I'd hope so.

I side-eye him, trying to be as sly as possible. He's watching the road.

All right. What do I know about Noah?

His mom left him. Way to start this on a positive note.

He sucks at cooking. He's neat. He doesn't like kids, but if they were his, he'd love them. Noah told me during the season two finale of Gilmore Girls that he'd want a big wedding. I want a big wedding.

That's something we have in common if... you know.

The guy is nice and he likes wearing makeup. He likes getting his hair played with and doesn't hate playing with mine.

He's not big on video games, but he loves his TV and music. He likes green.

He has these big brown eyes, an enticing smile. And speaking of eyes, mine are green, right? Well, duh. I know what color my eyes are, but he said he liked green.

"My favorite color is green. Like sage green."

Curiously, I reach to pull down the sun visor and flip open the little mirror. Leaning in a little to take a closer look at my eyes, I realize that they're that kind of green. Light green.

The sun is coming up now and as Noah takes a turn, sun covers one side of my face. Now they're a bright green.

I hum to myself, which earns Noah's attention.

"What?" He wonders and I shrug.

"Do you like my eyes?"

"'Course." A slight smile has the corners of his lips curling. "My favorite color, too."