𝟐𝟏

I watch as that girl that said Noah likes guys gives him the saddest look

I watch as that girl that said Noah likes guys gives him the saddest look. This sense of disappointment in myself rolls over every square inch of my skin. Did they like Noah? Is my simply being here ruining their maybe.

Screw my maybe if I'm messing up someone else's.

As she walks out the door, I realize that she's just decided to let go of her maybe. Let herself enjoy that maybe in another universe because in this one, it's me with Noah.

How is it possible that I'm so happy that she walked away, yet so upset with myself for being happy about her walking away? I need to sit down before I pass the heck out from how overwhelming my thoughts can be sometimes.

Noah steps toward me. The look on my face instantly melts the look on his into nothingness. Goodbye, sweet smile.

"What?"

I shrug. "She likes you."

He nods slowly, pulling his lips into his mouth. My frown deepens, but I don't mean it to. I don't mean to feel disappointed in him now for not showing even an ounce of sympathy.

"Why are you being a jerk about this, Noah?" I also don't mean to say those words. And even if I did, I didn't mean them to come out so mean either.

"Well... I guess I've known for a long time, Summer. I let her down three years ago, and I did it plenty of times. She knows I've never felt that way about her."

I bite down on my tongue. Shutting my eyes, I let my gaze wander elsewhere. "Elsewhere" being everywhere but at him.

"Summer." He says and I shake my head. "Pretty please?"

Ugh, fine.

My eyes meet his and he smiles softly at me.

"Hi."

"Hi." I grumble, earning a chuckle under his breath.

In a second, his arms are wrapped around my shoulders. He's holding me close, holding me tight. God, I hate that I don't want him to ever let go of me. I hate that I already forgive him for... UGH. WHAT WAS I MAD ABOUT?!

"Sorry." I tell him. Noah shakes his head, and I only know that because I can feel it. "I don't understand all the history and what I said wasn't fair."

He shrugs. "That's all right, Sum. Not your fault. I was being a little cold toward her."

I hum and squeeze him before stepping away. I take a moment to look around us and take in the fact that I'm in Sephora before opening time.

"Something about this makes me feel royalty."

"That's the goal, Your Majesty."

I can't help but laugh. "Your Majesty? Why, thank you, Great Master of Idiocy."