Can't Afford To Lose You

Alec is working his ass off at the institute on clave reports, he is so tired but he doesn't want to go home and sleep because his adorable yet idiot boyfriend isn't in the state and he hates it, he hates this distance between them, he wishes to be held by his lover in his arms.

Then suddenly he remembers something and it breaks his heart all over again and again, One of the reasons he is working so hard is that he wants to distract himself from all the negative thoughts running in his mind.

Magnus Bane, the High warlock of Brooklyn, the love of Alec's life, isn't behaving himself for the past few weeks, he is distancing himself from Alec and it hurts so much because he even doesn't know or understand the reason why his boyfriend is behaving so strange.

Alec tried to know what was the problem but Magnus always said that ' it's just work nothing else ' but Alec knows his boyfriend very well, they are dating each other for past 3 years now so both can read each other like an open book.

Alec is feeling like his love Mags doesn't love him anymore, he feels like Mags wants to leave him, he feels like Mags is tired of him or got bored of him, he feels like sooner than later Mags will break up with him and all of these thoughts running on his mind very badly that he wants to distract himself but it looks impossible because whenever he tries to do something, he end up thinking about his boyfriend.

Alec was hurting so badly, his whole world turned upside down, he doesn't know how to live without Mags, he doesn't know how he will survive a damm single moment of his life without his love, Alec's heart is breaking in pieces, he doesn't know what to do to save this relationship because Mags isn't talking anything about it.

Alec can't stop thinking about Mags, he can't concentrate on his work, it is already 11:30 pm and almost everybody left to rest except who are at night patrolling, and the thing makes Alec more sad is tomorrow is his 21th birthday but Mags isn't there And there is no meaning of celebrating it without his love.

Jace comes to Alec's office sensing his parabatai's sadness and looks at very busy yet lost Alec, " hey buddy! Still working?" Jace asks and Alec snaps his head on hearing his parabatai's voice, " Yeah, I need to write this report!" Alec says lowering his head, he's afraid that his brother will know something is not right and he doesn't want to tell anyone anything until he talks to Magnus, " missing Magnus?" Jace asks again.

" Yeah, I'm always missing him!" Alec says sadly because Jace knows that Mags is out of state, Mags is busy helping one of his very old friends and Alec just couldn't convince his boyfriend not to go.

"Alec it's already 11:35 pm, you should go and rest! Do rest of work tomorrow!" Jace says with concern, Alec looks at his brother and smiles at him, " I'm not feeling like sleeping so let me finish my work and you go to your sleep, you are tired from demon hunting the whole day!" Alec says.

" Are you going home or I'll call Magnus?" Jace asks his brother stubbornly, Alec thinks for a second and he decides to go home because he doesn't want to know Jace anything about what's going on between him and Mags.

" Okay fine, I'm going, just let me arrange everything in the right place so I don't have to find anything tomorrow!" Alec says and Jace grins in happiness, Alec rolls his eyes.

" I'm here, let me help you so you can go and take a rest! " Jace says and smiles at his brother, both arranged all the reports in order in the right place, after ten minutes they finally arranged everything.

" Now take a rest!" Jace says hugging his brother, Alec hugs Jace back and thanks him for his help, both say good night to each other and part away.

Alec is feeling so heavy to go to Mags' apartment which became home for them, for him his head is spinning around and he can't get rid of the thought of losing his love.