36

chapter 36 - last chapter

jyeuna's pov

i followed the person closely. this person's back looks like a boy's back. so i assumed that he is a guy.

suddenly, he looked back. probably suspecting that there is someone following behind him. i quickly hid behind the wall where he can't see me. well unless he comes here.

i peeked to see if he walked away and so he did. again, i followed him without getting caught. until i hear someone crying.

it was coming from the front. the direction where i was following the guy. oh? where is he? ugh! i lost him. but there was someone who kept sobbing. his voice sounds familiar too...

perhaps... it's chanyeol? no, no, no. chanyeol's voice is deep even when he cries. argh! why does it sound familiar? it makes me think a lot!

< guess who > 's pov

i was resting at the school's theater chair as i heard two people talk from the stage. i hid quietly and eavesdropped. ugh. i can't believe that i became a short-sighted person. i never even wore my contact lens!

i walked a bit closer to the stage without getting caught and saw a tall guy and a girl -- c-chanyeol a-and.. j-jyeuna?

w-why are they he -- oh yeah, jyeuna and rae yeon are studying here.. ugh. why does it have to be this school?! hyung totally said that this school doesn't have anyone whom i know enrolled here except for him and that i can enter this school to relax which is what he always did whenever he doesn't feel like studying!

aish!

anyways, i'll continue to eavesdrop. hehe. i broke up with that jyeuna-- nope, she broke up with me so there should be no problem. except for that naggy rae yeon. aigoo.

oh, oh, oh?! pinching each other, eh? what's this? a romantic scene? oh please, jyeuna can't even do that. if she were to do that with me, i would've fell for her completely. haha. nevermind, she's not my type anyways.

ah ~ i'm so cool. yeah, you're so cool, jordan hyui. (it's jordan :p)

bwahaha! did chanyeol got dumped? jyeuna completely avoided his kiss! haha! oh god, this is so awesome. and there the sly queen walking towards this way. shit!

third person's pov

jyeuna followed where the crying voice was until she found the guy she has been looking for.

"l-luhan?" the person who was crying turned around a bit without his face getting exposed until he suddenly ran inside the campus, leaving jyeuna shouting the name of the guy who she thinks he is.

"luhan-ah!" jyeuna cried.

< guess who > 's pov

i saw what jyeuna and chanyeol did. definitely what they did one year ago at the cinema.. but i never heard what they were talking about. i left the theater when chanyeol made his move, not even daring to see what jyeuna does next..

i don't want to see it. never. until i cried loud enough for only myself to hear.

i ran to the outdoor basketball bench and sat there, sobbing. "l-luhan?" i heard jyeuna's voice.. finally. i wanted to turn around and so i did. but i only turned a bit. i changed my mind of wanting to see her. i now know that she is under chanyeol's love and care.

i ran inside the campus and wiped off my tears but it continued coming out of my eyes. stop crying luhan!

i'm late and it's my fault. i won't be greedy ever again. i won't be greedy just over jyeuna.. i mean, there's more girls out there who can be just like her right?.. or am.. i wrong?

to me, i felt like she was the one when i first met her. i didn't fall in love in first sight but my heart raced. i disguised as her best friend and tried to handle everything she told me. i've been her best friend for many years and it's because i wanted to know more about her and whether if i really do like her or not.

later then i realized that i loved her so much after experiencing pain and regret.

but now..

i don't want to experience that kind of pain and regret again. i just have to choose.. do i still love her or not? should i stop running or continue?

third person's pov

luhan ran with so much things in mind but it didn't made jyeuna catch up with him. she lost him at the campus just like how she lost him at the airport.

she regretted getting the letter late but she didn't blame chanyeol. and right now, she regretted running slowly.

tears slowly rolled down her cheeks. at this library, there hides a crying young man too. he wanted to be at her side and cry with her. but he doesn't even have the right to do that since he's the one who made her cry.

his feet couldn't stop going forward to her. he tried to stop but he found himself behind jyeuna already.
"j-jyeuna.."

she turned around and knew it was him. without hesitations, she hugged him tightly as much as how she missed him.

she hit his chest weakly and repeated this word in a mutter, "bad jerk".

"i'm sorry, i'm really sorry." he apologized and kissed her forehead. "i won't leave you ever again." he added. jyeuna looked up and asked, "promise?".

luhan wiped off her tears and answered her question, "promise."

the both got closer and kissed each other. jyeuna waited for her second kiss to be luhan. she waited so much.

and finally, they got back together, jyeuna and rae yeon are reunited as best friends, chanyeol now understands that luhan is just a guy who loved jyeuna much more than him and got back with rae yeon's sister, rae an, exo welcomed luhan again

and together,

they again were all just simple friends just like any other. what the beginning had, made its way to the end.

the end.

-----

안녕 ~

did you enjoy reading 'a promise (exo's luhan)' ? well, i hope you did. you have finally come across the end of the story.

even though that you might not like the story, thank you still for reading it.

oh yes, the story might be progressing on editing soon as some of you might not really understand what i wrote.

so yeah, thank you so much for the v+omments and hope to see you as one of my readers in my other stories as well. 사랑해요 ~

much love from author-nim.