18

1 week later - Jyeuna's POV

After all that crying and sobbing drama, it has passed one week.

I still have no idea whether Chanyeol has told the others about me. Well, it's either a good thing or a bad thing.

But.. I hope Chanyeol doesn't tell Luhan about it.

It just makes me anxious that Chanyeol would tell Luhan, so I had been hanging out with him more often.

- phone rings -

My phone rang to its ringtone indicating that someone is calling me.

I looked at the caller's name and it said 'unkown.'

I felt my nervousness going down to my spine.

I answered it without hesitations and stood up from where I was sitting.

Me: "H-Hello?"
Caller: "Oh.. It's nice to hear your voice again, Ms. Ahn."
Me: "Who--"
Caller: "It's me, your ex-bestfriend, your ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend. Kim Rae Yun."

A long silence occupied our conversation until she spoke up.

Rae Yun: Tsk. I never knew you'd be so speechless.
Me: What do you want now?
Rae Yun: I heard that both of you are in America.
Me: Both?
Rae Yun: Don't act dumb, dear.
Me: So what about it?
Rae Yun: Have you encountered with him yet?
Me: No. What's your point?
Rae Yun: Good. But you should congratulate him since he's going to be in a relationship. So, it's probably fine to meet up with him.

He's about to be in a relationship? B-but how?! N-no. It's good that he has already moved on. But.. What's this feeling? I feel like crying again.

Rae Yun: Anyways, jalga, Ahn Jyeuna.

She ended the call and a tear dropped from my right eye.

"You shouldn't be doing this right now, Ahn Jyeuna! He's not your boyfriend anymore! You're not a thing anymore!" I scolded my self and wiped the tears that kept falling from my eyes.

...

Luhan's POV

Two days ago, my mom asked me to be someone's girlfriend. My mom told me that hers and her family's background is quite good.

She also told me that it'll help me move on from Jyeuna.

I had been trying to move on from her in every way that my brain thinks.

I'd rather move on from her by my way, rather than my mom's way.

I can't date anyone else but Jyeuna. She might still come back to me..

Or not..

"Luhan-ah.. Have you decided yet?" My mom knocked on my room's door and opened it a little for her head to peak on.

"Oh.. Eomma.."

She opened the door fully and closed it after coming in.

She sat down on my bed and looked at me.

"Are you still thinking about Jyeuna?"

"Eomma.. My heart says that I shouldn't be dating someone else but her. While my mind says that I should move on. What do I do?"

"I knew that you're like that too.. Your dad and I also experienced this kind of feeling but it's kind of a different story." She smiled.

"Jjinja? How did it end?" "If it ended badly then your dad and I wouldn't be married right now. We both thought of divorcing that time.. But fortunately, it ended well.. We both misunderstood each other.."

"Then what should I do in this kind of situation?"

"Your situation is different from us. We both were hurt so many times. But you.. You're only hurt once.. So you need to get used of getting hurt. If you do that, you won't be in so much pain after all that." She explained and handed me a picture of a girl.

"Here.. It's the girl who I was talking about.. You should date her.. It's not about falling in love with this girl.. It's about pain that you'll get from her, that won't hurt you when you face Jyeuna.. So learn and endure it for awhile.. And yah, don't go around telling others that I'm just using this girl!"

Both of us smiled as I looked at the picture of the girl.

My smile faded.

It can't be her.

-----

Annyeong Haseyo!! I'm eating french fries yaay~!

Lol, but who do you think the girl was?

Kim Rae Yun? Ahn Jyeuna? Or someone else that you haven't found out about?

Well, find out on the next chapter of 'A Promise (EXO's Luhan)'