Chapter 1

Everyone at one point in their lives had a goal or a dream but they gave up because it was unrealistic. But just for a moment, we were to say your dream or goal was to come true how would you feel? Happy? Excited? Shocked? 

Right now I am currently facing a situation like that, somehow someone like me has been accepted into the advanced nurturing high school. You would think I should be happy right but I kept thinking over a topic that was bugging me. My grades were usually around 70-85 so they were pretty high so that could be why. But if you run through the percentage chance of me getting into this school it would be under 20 percent.

In Japan, you can find many students who have gotten around 70-85 grades and can get more than that. I also don't think I scored perfectly in that entrance exam. So how did someone like me who didn't get the highest grades in my school get accepted to the advanced nurturing high school? I'm probably overthinking it but I'm realistic I always think like this.

I looked idly out my window,
watching the city’s scenery change, the bus picked up more and more
passengers. 

The bus stopped again, the doors opened, people started entering the bus, most of them were students wearing the same uniform as me. Most of them looked quite excited, well anyone would be excited going to the best school in Japan.

My eyes glanced towards a boy with apathetic golden eyes and light brown hair. He didn't look as excited as the other students. Maybe he had trouble expressing his emotions and was internally excited.

The boy turned his head towards me and looked at me. Could he tell I was looking at him? Probably a coincidence. 

I looked back towards the windows and went back to staring. There was no point in staring at somebody I didn't know.  

The weather was especially
fine today, not a single cloud in the sky. It was so refreshing that I nearly fell
asleep.

I was one of the first people on this bus and it's been going on for 3 hours so of course I naturally feel sleepy.

The bus ride continued silently making a few stops for other passengers to come on. It eventually started getting full and crowded.

“Excuse me, but shouldn’t you offer up your seat?”

My half-open eyes snapped back open and I started at the commotion.

A young, well-built blond man of high school age had sat down in one
of the priority seats. The elderly woman stood right next to him, and another woman stood beside her. This second, younger lady appeared to be an office worker.

“Hey, you there. Can’t you see that this elderly woman is having
trouble?” the office lady said.

Her voice carried quite well throughout the quiet bus, attracting several
people’s attention.

What a brave woman, she seemed to be doing this because of her morals and disturbed the peaceful atmosphere. Most people wouldn't have the courage to help the women because it would draw attraction to themselves and it was a bother. Was she doing it for the self -satisfaction of helping a person? Or did she truly believe that the elderly women should be helped out because it's the right thing to do in terms of morals? I had to wake up early to get on this bus and I was finally going to sleep. 

“You’re sitting in a priority seat. It’s natural to offer up those seats to
the elderly.”

“I don’t understand. Priority seats are just that: priority seats. I have no
legal obligation to move. Since I’m currently occupying this seat, I should be
the one who determines whether or not I move. Am I supposed to give up my
seat just because I’m young? Ha! That reasoning is nonsense.”