Chapter 5

E)Try to find if it's possible to use no points.

(New trait gained: cautious.)

No, I should try to use absolutely no points if it's possible and only some if it's necessary. Although I doubt it, what if the school gives us 20 points next month. I didn't really intend to use my money on miscellaneous junk.

I wonder if there are any free products, a shop won't likely sell them but if someone runs out of points maybe this school gives free handouts to survive. I need to check more of the store products.

"Hey Sudo, you wanna go buy deodorant?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about it since I play basketball a lot and sweat. I do need some," Sudo said.

We headed over towards where they shelf the products. There were many famous brands of deodorant in this shop, the school even brought products that are famous for students.

I'd found something strange. Some toiletries and food had been tucked away in the corner of the convenience store.

My eyes wandered over to the Daily necessities like toothbrushes and bandages that had been stuffed into
a clearance bin and labeled "Free." The bin was also marked with the proviso "three items per month." These were obviously different from the store's other goods.

So there are free items huh.

"Hey, what are you planning to buy, huh, free ?" Sudo exclaimed.

"They are probably for if a student doesn't have enough points. Hey Sudo, be careful about your spending habits because once you leave the school your spending habits could become bad because of the points. When you lose it the shock could be great."

"Oh, I guess that's true, thanks for warning me Shin," Sudo answered while smiling. "I'll try to save some for things that I might need like a new basketball."

Sudo curiously looked over my shoulder and looked at what I was looking at as well.

If there were free necessities like toothbrushes then there were probably some on the food shelves.

I put the toothbrush in my basket and some toiletries. There were only three things, I can't get deodorant now that my basket is filled with 3 free items, well it doesn't matter I'll just buy it. I'm trying to not use any points but that doesn't mean I will not use it if it's a necessity or important. I might as well buy everything that's necessary for this month in one go.

I and Sudo finished shopping and we headed towards the line. The line wasn't that big, surprisingly I thought at least some students would go grocery shopping but it seems most went out to have fun.

"Next!" The employee called out

Sudo put his baskets on the counter, the lady worked like a normal employee.

"Will you please put your phone on this touch screen machine?" She asked.

"Ah ok," Sudo said, he put his hands in his pocket. "Shit I left it in my dorm."

It didn't seem like the fact that our phones were basically our wallet sunk into Subaru yet.

"Don't worry Sudo, I'll pay for it, it's not much of a big deal."

"Thanks!" Sudo exclaimed.

I paid for me and Sudo shopping, well Sudo didn't actually buy anything except for ramen and deodorant.

We left the store together. Sudo sat down outside on the bench.

"Are you really going to eat here?" I asked him.