chapter 2

[B] No, just ignore it.

(Gained a new trait: cold-hearted.)

I looked away from the commotion and just looked back towards the windows. I don't have any reason to help this old lady, I don't care about her and it would be quite tiring standing up. 

But still, I wondered what the others would do. 

There were two groups, people who had pretended not to have heard anything and those who looked hesitant. However, two people stood out to me.

A girl whose face remained expressionless and the brown-haired boy earlier wearing the same apathetic face.  They both sat next to each other.

These two like me didn't think it was necessary to give up their seats.

I didn't stare at them because they might have caught me and the girl may think I was a creepy pervert.

"-excuse me. You can have mine.” 

Shortly after the girl’s appeal, a
working woman stood, unable to bear the guilt any longer, and offered up her
seat.

“Thank you very much!” the elderly woman said.

The working woman smiled, lowered her head, and guided the elderly
woman to the now-vacant seat.
The elderly woman expressed her gratitude repeatedly, and slowly sat down. 

Finally, the commotion ended. I closed my eyes and decided to relax a little. 

For some reason I just realised this now, why is a public bus taking us to the advance nurturing high school when they should be rich enough to buy one. This bus would only go on this route once per year. Whatever it doesn't make a difference.

Soon, we arrived at our destination and all the high school
students began to disembark.

As I got off the bus, I saw a gate formed from natural rock waiting just ahead. All the young boys and girls dressed in school uniforms were passing through this gate.

The Japanese government had created the Tokyo Metropolitan
Advanced Nurturing High School with the express purpose of developing future leaders. This would be my school from now on. A school where my future would be decided.

I started walking to the gates.

*

I disliked the entrance ceremony and imagined many people did as well. It was the same entrance ceremony all throughout junior high and elementary. They are probably going to repeat the same old things. I'm not looking forward to this.

I started walking towards class D, this classroom will be the one I'm spending a year at. I finally reached a class that had a 1-D sign at the top.

I opened my classroom and surprisingly it was empty. So I was the first one here. Devoid of any sound, one thing I had to comment about was that the class was really clean as expected of the best high school.

Looking around the classroom, I walked toward the seat that bore my nameplate. It was at the back of the room right next to the windows of the hallway. There were eight rows of tables and each row had 5 desks in a row. With simple calculations, there were 40 people in our class.

I looked at the table next to me and there was a nameplate that said Ken Sudo. I decided to look at all the nameplates so I could remember my classmates' names. It was better than just sitting at my desk and doing nothing. Of course, I didn't remember all of them perfectly but I just wrote down in my notebook the name of the person and where they were sitting. This might seem like a weird action but I just wanted to know the names of the people with who I'm gonna spend a year or more. In some schools they make students stay in the same class for the whole 3 years, someone in my old school told me that before. (I searched this up and some Japanese schools do have it.)