chapter 3

A)Ask a question about the S system.

I reread sensei explanation that I wrote down in my notebook. There are probably many hints but I won't have time to analyse it now since the ceremony is going to be coming, but I did notice two things now that I reread it.

"Sensei," I called while putting my hands up.

For a moment maybe it was just my imagination but I think I saw Chabashira-sensei eyes gleam.

"What is it Shin?" 

"How many points will we receive next month?"

 Chabashira sensei slowly smiled.

"Are you an idiot, sensei said 100,000 a month," one of the students said.

Some of my other classmates started laughing at me and mocking me, there were some that listened to my question seriously.

Well, most people think that but now I reread her explanations in my notebook it doesn't state that at all. She only said 100,000 this month.

"I don't know about that," she answered.

Most of my classmates' faces transformed into confused looks. There were a few of my classmates that didn't look that surprised, they probably already had their suspicions.

"Do you have any more questions?" Chabashira asked with a light tone in her voice, she seems happy but why.

"How do you evaluate us?"

She already said she doesn't know if we will receive 100,000 but she did say something important. "The amount you’ve received reflects the evaluation of your worth." Doesn't that mean the school evaluation of us can decrease. An evaluation can increase and decrease, we can get fewer points but I don't understand how they evaluate us.

"I can't answer that, there are some things even I can't answer because the authorities won't let me."

Now I understand that those cameras that I saw when I first entered the class are meant to monitor if Chabashira says anything. Wait. Can't they evaluate us using those cameras, does that mean the campus has multiple cameras?

"Thank you for answering my questions Sensei."

Chabashira-sensei eyes scanned over the room.

"Well, it appears no one has any questions. I hope that you enjoy your
time here as students."

We hardly know anything about this school. This school is definitely mysterious. I thought some kind of risk would come and Chabashira confirmed my idea of there being a risk.

"Hey, hey! Do you want to check out a store with me on our way back?
Let’s do some shopping!” one girl cried.

“Sure. With this much, we can buy anything. I’m so glad I got into this
school!” another said.

Once the teacher was gone, the newly rich students began to grow
restless

Eh? Did they just ignore my and Sensei's explanation? Most of them don't even seem to care. It appears some students took it seriously while a large majority just wanted to enjoy their life. Are these really students of the best high school in Japan?

"Everyone, can you please listen to me for a moment?”

A student with the air of an upstanding young man quickly raised his
hand. His hair wasn’t dyed. He looked like an honors student. Based on his
appearance, I got the impression he was going to be the future class ikemen. Multiple girls would probably start having a crush on him.