City Trouble

April 10 2028 

It had been less than two days since the invasion began and they had made progress. The Indonesian army had been able to push out quite far from their positions in northern Sumatra and their initial landing sites in Borneo. 

They were able to take the city of Singkawan as planned and were shipping over supplies to help with the reconstruction of the port to use it as a jumping off point for the army. As for the shipgirls, they had been mostly relegated to supporting the push into the islands interior and didn't necessarily believe that the shipgirls weren't up to the task of combating the Abyssals, given that the shipgirls were unable to stop the previous Abyssal assault on Indoneasian territory. 

Admiral Johnson thought otherwise as he looked over a map that had out over his desk. For the past two days the girls had been in a few skirmishes around the convoys that had carried the Indoneasian army across the Java sea to Borneo and the Malaysian army was to follow suit. 

In the meantime most of the shipgirls where either out or on site waiting for their next assignment. 

Ooyodo: Mmnn. 

The light cruiser, Ooyodo, stretched her arms above her head. She sat across from Johnson also looking at the map. On the map were counters with different shapes. Each shape stood for a different unit. A square with a X in the center stood for infantry, a circle in the shape of tank treads were armor, and that same shape with a dot

Johnson: Tired? 

Ooyodo: A little. Most of us have been busy supporting the advances in Sumatra and Borneo and we really haven't really gotten a break from all the constant calls for support, but it seems like most of the armies have stopped their advance for the moment. 

Their armies had stopped for the moment, if only to allow their logistics to catch up to them for a deeper push into the jungle. And by pushing into the jungle he hoped that this wouldn't become another Vietnam like the French or the Americans did. 

He did suppose that the girls and boys deserved a break for their efforts, and where a better place to do it than the country of Singapore? 

X-X-X

Autumn watched as the timer ticked down slowly. He had just been relaxing in the bath, enjoying the hot water that lapped up against his skin while he waited for his repairs to be completed. 

On the way back from his escort mission two days ago, he was struck by a magnetic torpedo whixh meant he couldn't properly travel across the water. He had to receive help in the form of Mogami's seaplanes and the veterans Fubuki, Mutsuki, Kuma, and Tama. 

Not that he didn't appreciate their help in getting out of the situation. 

He did appreciate their help in getting back to Singapore, in the middle of the night and a little embarrassed from not being able to sail under his own power. Since then he has been chilling the the repair baths and enjoying his relative silence. 

He had his eyes closed when he heard the doors to the room where opened, almost forcefully. He suspected by that alone that it would be Superior and the tapping of shoes against bamboo wood reinforced this. 

He opened his eyes behind his blind fold to see Superior, and that his instincts were correct. 

Autumn: So what have you come to do this time? 

Superior: Only to tell you that your end is nigh. 

Autumn bit down a chuckle. 

Autumn: So you've come to me to tell me something that will never pass? I'm flattered.