Ship logs

Yokosuka naval base 

Admiral Thomson and Oyodo had worked through the night to crack the code that Autumn had sent them. Although it seemed hard it actually was easy if they looked at what came first. The message wasn't what they were expecting. 

"When did it fall"? He asked Oyodo. "I can't say exactly, but I can conclude that it fell a few weeks ago, at most". "If it did fall we will have to warn the US about this not only that but, we've lost a important supply chain. Not only that but, we still have to decide what to do with Autumn". 

"Do we have to deal with him"? Oyodo asked. "If you don't want to talk about him you can leave at your own discretion", he replied. "Admrial, you know that he probably won't accept our help, after all he is a criminal". "You might be right, but you might be wrong". "What would make me wrong"? 

The admiral opened one of the drawers in his desk and took out one of the disks."Do you want to listen"? Oyodo was hesitant, after all their is no way that a ghost is in some way arrogant or thinks that he is invincible. "Fine, but only because I'm curious, and only a few minutes", she stared the admrial in the face. The admrial not wanting to talk her down into listening, pressed the button on the disk and it started to play.

When it started to play Oyodo and admrial Thomson were confused, it played a log but, it wasn't Autumns voice.

Ship log 

"Day one, since the loss of the Falkland naval base. It has gotten much more colder than I had expected, which means that I fled somewhere into the Antarctic. I've been stuck in here for a little over a day now, and I'm starting to feel how alone I am. The south sea is big, empty, and cold, accept for the abyssals of course. Me and Autumn might have had our differences, but it's impossible to ignore what he did. I can't stop thinking about why he ignored orders to evacuate. (Sigh)I just need to figure out which way to go and how not to die". 

Ship log 

"Starting to regret the fact that I retreated south. I probably should've retreated north with the rest of the convoy. Any way I need to start looking for survivors to keep myself sane. I try to think about something but, just when I have it it feels like I don't know what I'm doing. I can't stop thinking about that ghost. I probably shouldn't have left him behind. Doing that I think I killed him, and even myself. End log entry". 

Just when Oyodo was about to ask a question she is interrupted by another voice.

"This is the ghost log for HMS New England. 

The back of my head would disagree quite strongly with this statement, I have been rescued by Autumn. 'Rescued'. Hit around the back of the head by something called a autogyro carried back to base. Honestly I'm glad to see him. I'd never say this to his face but, it can feel weird without him around. In reality I shouldn't be surprised spending months together doing our admirals dirty work, he is the closest thing I've felt to family other than my brothers. Never the less it is good to see him again.

This is the ghost log for HMS New England. 

Yeah it is great to see him again, no one can wind you up like someone you've known for a few months that you've been through hell and back with. My word. He will not take security seriously! It is great to see him again, don't get me wrong. Now I feeling a lot better about getting off this darn 'desert', but yea I guess I could trust him on the 'no need for security' front for now. It's not like the lad has proven himself right in the past". So yea we're going to get out of this 'desert soon and when we do I think me and Autumn have a date in whoosh arena blow off a little steam, because man can the lad be stubborn at times". 

There was a pause in the recording. "I still don't..." 

She was interrupted by the voice she was waiting to hear.