Awaking

Fubuki was stitting over the unconscious ghost. She was looking at him as he slept peacefully on the bed. He was moving in his sleep, but it was clear to her that he would'nt be waking up any time soon.

Fubuki's thoughts: What would make him cry like that? If he crude that much he must have had a hard time, being alone and a traitor to humanity. What type of ghost is he?

The door to the room opened up to reveal the admiral. Fubuki stood at attention and gave him a salute. 

Johnson: At ease. I was hoping to find Autumn in his room, but instead I find him here. 

Fubuki: Autumn? 

Johnson: That would be his name. By the way, how is he holding up? 

Fubuki: He is asleep right now. 

Johnson: Do you know how he got here? 

Fubuki: He knocked himself out hitting his head against a branch when he spotted me. 

She rubbed the back of her head smiling. 

Johnson: I see. Your dismissed. 

Fubuki: Are you sure? I-I can keep watch. 

Johnson: I can keep watch over him. Besides your friends are looking for you. I also have a few questions to ask him myself. 

Fubuki was hesitant for a few seconds, looking back at Autumn. She stood up and saluted the admiral as she left. Johnson looked back at Autumn who was still turning left and right in his sleep.

X-X-X 

The sun was at its highest point in the sky. Yet it was still mildly cold. Akashi looked up to see no snow yet it was still cold. Spring was almost here she though. She walked into the workshop. She walked past all the gear that was already stored there and stopped in front of the gear of Autumn. 

???: So your here to check out his gear to? 

Akashi turned around to see a girl in a orange jumpsuit and green hair. 

Akashi: Yeah. If the commander wants to put him to good use might as well check out his gear and repair it. 

Yuubari: If he decides to deploy him. 

Akashi: Are you sure? Because when the commander looked at his file he seemed impressed. 

Yuubari: Lets hope your right. 

They walked near his gear and got a whiff of a burnt smell. 

Akashi: What is that smell?! 

Yuubari: That burnt smell. That is what happens when you push a gear too far. Come on. 

Akashi: are you going to fix it? 

Yuubari sighs. 

Yuubari: Yes, but just so we're clear we are not doing this for him. Besides, if his gear is burnt it means he came a long way, and if he did come all this way he is going to need all the help he is going to get. 

X-X-X 

The sun was starting to cross the line of the horizon, lighting the sky in a vibrant color of orange red. Admiral Johnson was still sitting by Autumns side. Knowing that he probably wasn't going to wake up until tomorrow, he left the infirmary. Out of the corner of his eye however, he saw a sitting up motion and turned back to the room. He saw Autumn awake and alive. 

Autumn: Judging by that uniform, you must be the admiral. 

Johnson: Yes I am. 

Autumn: Well my name is... 

Johnson: USS Autumn. First and only class of the aviation battle cruisers. 

Autumn: You read my file, didn't you. 

Johnson: Yes. I did. Your record is quite impressive. 

Autumn: If you stayed by my side the whole time while I was unconscious, then I assume that you didn't come here to make small talk. 

Johnson: No. I came here to ask you something. 

Autumn glares at the Johnson. 

Johnson: Why betray humanity? 

Autumn leaned back in his bed. 

Autumn: Why should I trust you when you don't trust me. As far as I know I'm supposed to be executed on sight.

Johnson: Because your a valuable asset in the fight against the abyssals. If I can convince the Japanese prime minister and the UN that you can be used to counter the abyssal threat that is in the Pacific I'm sure that you can be put to good use. After all you liberated an entire continent. 

Autumn: I had some help. 

Johnson: Of corse you got help. 

Autumn: Listen I'm a lone wolf. I bet many ship girls in this base don't even trust me as far as I'm concerned. 

Johnson: ... 

Autumn: Look even if you where able to get me my innocence back everyone will look down on me anyway. From the way how that girl was nervous to approach me, it seems to me like you have a problem. 

Johnson: Yea. Would you like some coffee? 

Autumn: I never really developed the taste for coffee. If you have some tea that would be lovely.

Johnson was somewhat surprised by what he wanted to drink. Most Americans would normally prefer coffee than tea. Johnson ignored his surprise and started to make some tea for him. After that was done he set it within reaching distance of Autumn. 

Johnson: Do you want to continue the talk on your past. 

Autumn: No. I'm not comfortable about talking about it at this time. 

Johnson got up from his seat and was about to leave when Autumn called to him. 

Autumn: Oh, about my past I will say one thing though. 

Johnson: What about it. 

Autumn: Lets just say that the clan has infiltrated the southern front. Clan with a K. 

Johnson left the room to attend to his duties. Clan with a K. He knew what he was talking about. 

Hey guys Ananamoose here back with another chapter of this book. Now, I'm sure you have noticed the different writing style. I wanted to try this out to see if you want me to write like this. Also the clan with the K is a hint. I'm sure some of you can automatically figure this one out. Anyway I will see you in the next chapter!!