H.Q

I decided to go with Mason to the opposite end of Arcadia and into the city itself where The Senates Headquarters is located. He's reminded me that this is temporary and that I can leave as soon as I'd like. I enter the room I'll be staying in and it looks like one of those high end suites at hotels. I place my bag on the end of my bed and lay down immediately as Mason speaks to me.

     "Theirs signs indicating the direction of pretty much everywhere through the place. If you get lost just ask."

     "Mhm." I say grabbing a pillow.

     "Eh, no sleeping yet. I learned your habits." I remain silent sparing him a glance. "We're heading to the throne room." I sigh sitting up and forcing myself to follow him down the hall and to the elevator. We both enter where a blonde man greets him.

     "Ah Mason. Glad to see you in one piece. Just get back from the Kiriya Estate?"

     "I did yes Ezra."

     "How'd that go? Akito give you a hard time?" He chuckles. "That kid.. He's always such a handful." I remain silent, pushing past him once the elevator opens again.

     "Lord Ezra, this is Juno Driscoll." Mason says as I turn around and face them as they exit. Ezra looks at Mason in shock. "Juno this is one of the Senate Leadsrs Lord Ezra."

      "A pleasure to meet you Jun-"

     "Which way?" I ask Mason. He sighs and I follow him down the hall and as soon as we enter the throne room in grabbed into a friendly choke hold by Bash.

     "I heard you were coming idiot! Couldn't believe it-"

     "Let me go damn it." I say, pushing us both to the ground for him to let go.

    "Welcome Lord I'm Driscoll." I look up as Bash helps me up. The voice sounds familiar but I don't recognize it's owner. "Did you get settled in your room?" The Man with light brown hair smiles at me as he sits in the middle throne.

     "I did." I reply as Bash brushes himself off.

     "My names Elijah. The Senates President. We met when you were very young."

      "I don't recall." Mason takes his seat and so does Ezra amongst two other vampires.

     "Bash tells me you've been staying at the Kiriya estate. How is that?"

     "The Kiriya estate?" Ezra says in shock. "How in heavens name have you been able to live their?" I shake my head in disbelief.

     "How deaf are you?" The female with red hair says to Ezra in annoyance . "President just stated that."

     "Oh shut it Melanie."

     "Both of you shut up." Elijah says as I sigh.

"You all make it seem like living within Akitos estate is a bad thing and I really don't understand how anyone could be so judgmental." I say catching everyone's attention. Melanie and Ezra both gasp in sync and the vampire next to Ezra who has yet to say anything speaks up.

"We aren't judging Akito. We just know how he is."

"Now, now Lord Goultry." Elijah says hushing everyone up. "From what I understand Juno, Akito found you and turned you which activated your pureblood instincts. Correct?" I nod. "So you're a halfbreed.. Half human half vampire." He thinks to himself for a moment.

"I've never seen a half vampire before." Goultry adds unpleasantly. "How do we just accept that? What if he's lying." Bash let's out a chuckle as I glare at Goultry.

Chasing Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें