Dawn

As the sunset begins to rise I sit outside on the front steps of the mansion. I couldn't force myself to sleep.. The memories flooded into me one at a time and it was overwhelming.. Somehow, when I came out here I felt better. I breathe in, as the sunlight begins to shine and shut my eyes feeling it's warmth.
The door behind me opens and I open my eyes looking back to see Kano standing there with her bags as a limo pulls up the driveway.

    "What are you looking at?" She asks annoyed. "Here to brag?" I shake my head, looking straight ahead again. "Hmph." She walks down the steps beside me.

     "Kano, I wanted to thank you." She stops three feet infront of me, not turning around. I can see what looks like her father waiting inside the Limo as her butler holds the door open.

     "Thank me?" She asks before facing me. "Why thank me?"

     "You're the one who told Akito where I was right?"

      "Yeah, so what?" I stand, stretching my arms.

     "If you hadn't told him, I would've been dead." She freezes, dropping her bags on the ground as I turn away. "So thank you, Kano." I begin to walk away but stop as she calls out to me.

     "Juno!" I don't face her. "What do you mean? What are you trying to say?!"I look back, giving her a soft smile before turning away and heading inside. "You're an idiot!"

Akito:
    I watch from the balcony window as Kano walks past Juno who sits on the front step. I listen in, as she freezes.

      "Yeah, so what?"

      "If you hadn't told him, I would've been dead. So thank you, Kano." Juno turns away but stops as she calls out to him.

      "What are you trying to say?!" Juno parts with a small smile, but not one out of happiness.. "You're an idiot!"

..Juno. She's right.. You're a damn idiot.
I glance at the Limo where Kanos father watches everything carefully. His eyes meet mine and he nods slightly saying hello. I raise my head and glance toward Juno who heads inside. Kano notices me before heading inside the limo with her father but my eyes drift to the sun as it rises. The limo, driving off as I take in a deep breath.

     "Things are changing.." I whisper as a shadow of Junos parents appear behind me. "Bare with me.. I'll protect him. No matter what the cost is."

     "We hope that's true."

•••
"Hey Juno!" I enter the gym where my personal trainer, guardsmen Vince greets me. It's been a few days since Kano left. "It's been a long time since you came to train Hm?" I notice other vampires in gym training with each other.

      "I guess it has." I reply as he smiles placing a hand on my shoulder.

     "Alright, you know the drill run me some laps." I nod doing as he says. As I run I notice some of the teenagers around my age and some younger watching me and sparing me glances in awe.

     "Is that really Lord Juno?"

      "I heard he hasn't been training publicly like this in a few weeks."

      "We get to be in the same room training with a pureblood."

      I stop infront of Vince who chuckles as I sigh.
"You're quite famous today Hm?" I roll my eyes. "Alright, hold your hands out." I nod bringing my hands out. "It's time you had this back." He places my baton in my hands and I remain silent, examining it. "Akito gave this to you for a reason. It doesn't help if you're rusty when you need to use it."