Theif in the Night

"Welcome Lord Akito and Lord Driscoll." Akito and I are greeted by a guard as we enter H.Q for a party being held by the Senate that apparently we can't get out of. "Enjoy your stay." I follow Akito toward the ballroom but I already feel uneasy by the crowd.. I was always like this. I remember Kai trying to cheer me up for parties his parents held. Too many people just made me uncomfortable and anxious..

     "You okay?" Akito asks as I scratch my arm. "You've scratched your arm like seven times already." I bring my arms down to my side guilty.

     "Sorry." I whisper as he stops to face me. "I just don't like crowds." He raises his head in realization.

     "You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to. Thankfully our table is up on the second floor of the ballroom away from most of the attendees." I sigh in relief following him inside.

     "I'm glad to hear that." Akito chuckles at my despair before being stopped by Mason.

      "I'm glad to see you two here." I remain silent as Akito sighs.

      "We didn't have much of a choice."

     "I understand. I'm really sorry about everything." He says looking at me now. "I didn't intend to bring you here to be put in harms way. I hope you understand."

    "It's okay." I say to Mason. "He's taken care of there shouldn't be anymore problems." Mason nods and we both walk past him heading up the stairs toward our table as several other guests stare us down as we pass them. I take a seat and sigh resting my head on the table.

"That was fast." Akito teases taking a sip of his drink. I roll my eyes and glance up at him to see what he's drinking. "Hm? You want some?"

     "What is it?" He smirks handing it to me and I smell the faintness of blood and I sigh handing it back to him. "I'll pass."

    "Suite yourself." He finishes it as we're approached by Felix.

      "My my I don't believe my eyes." 
Akito waves as he takes a seat infront of us. "What happened to the Senate not being able to control you?"

      "Don't worry they still don't." Akito says loosening his tie on his suite. I remain silent as they talk and I end up zoning out. Nothing feels right still. Ever since I killed those hunters.. I still feel like I haven't done anything for them yet.. Killing them didn't make me feel like I avenged them.
Akito has been trying to make me feel better. He doesn't think I've noticed but he's trying and I see it.. But I don't know if I'll ever feel okay.

"And what say you Juno?"

"You'll never feel okay."

"Juno?" I look up slowly zoning back in.

"Excuse me." I whisper standing and walking away. I head downstairs and exit the ballroom.

"You avenged them now avenge me."

I loosen my tie as I lean up against a wall trying to catch my breath as I push Kai's voice further away in my head.
I can't kill Akito.. Not after everything's he's done. I know he killed Kai.. But I can't. I owe him more than I realize.

     "You feeling okay?" I look up to see Elijah. I nod looking away. "You don't have to lie to me." He chuckles. "I'm glad to see you here though. I feel terrible about what happened with Goultry." I remain silent. "Is Akito in the ballroom?"

     "He is." I whisper. "And as for Goultry, he got what he deserved." Goultry was killed in his own cell by another inmate from what Akito told me.