Chapter VI: Family ~Broken~

"What the fucking shit do you mean that he's my son!?" asked an older Thomas Wayne, who is around 55-years-old at the time while Bruce played with his cares downstairs. "That idiot touched my son!"

"Tell me the truth, sir! Please! Master Thomas!" yelled Alfred, who is around 30-31. "Is he your child!?"

"I don't need to hear this," said Thomas, walking away.

Alfred grabs Thomas's shoulder.

Thomas punches Alfred in the face, who backs away. Alfred grabs his face, which is bleeding.

"Master Thomas..." he said. "Please... I don't wish to hurt you... in any way possible... Is he your son!?"

Thomas sighs. "I'm sorry, Alfred... Yes. Arthur Fleck is my son."

Alfred grabs his face. "Well? What? Are you going to keep this from everyone!? Your own wife!?"

"I'm planning to save this city, Alfred... from all the criminals that bathe in Gotham's blood."

"The criminals are the poor, Master Thomas! They're poor because of people like us!"

"I can save them, Alfred!"

"Master Thomas, you have never done anything so much as little as to donate to an orphanage! You abandoned your concubine and had sex with a woman 30 years younger than you who was 16 at the time, causing the child to have autism!"

"And imagine if the whole world knew about this, Alfred!?" asked Thomas.

"Likely, the world will realize that you're a disgusting man, Master Thomas... Despite the fact that you're driven on becoming Mayor... You may say that you truly believe that you want to save Gotham -...."

"Alfred..." he whispered, as he then grunts. "EVERYTHING I've ever DONE is because someone out there is going to destroy Gotham if I DON'T DO ANYTHING, ALFRED!!! EVERYTHING THAT I'VE EVER WORKED FOR!!! I LOST MY OWN PARENTS BECAUSE OF THESE PEOPLE!!! THESE... CRIMINALS!!!"

"These criminals are mentally ill loners... poor people... the diseased... people who have NOTHING!!!"

"Well, if I hear another word out of you, you'll be joining them..." sneered Thomas, as Alfred bows his head and backs away.

"Let me tell you something... Alfred..." said Thomas. "I love my wife. I love my son. I love this city! Even my cousin, Robert Queen would agree. So why don't you just fuck off, Alfred!?"

Alfred frowns.

"I'm going to the Opera-Theater hybrid downtown. A new version of Mefistofele... Don't come... None of you assholes come or I'll FIRE... ALL OF YOU!!!"

Alfred gulps out of fear.

Thomas then punches the wall, breaking the concrete as he walks outside.

"What happened?" asked Martha, seeing Thomas's hand bleeding.

"Nothing, Martha... I just scolded Alfred to keep him in line. Where's Bruce?"

"He's downstairs playing with his toy cars-..."

Alfred wipes the blood off his lips and sighs.