Chapter I: Family

"BARRY!!!" yelled a voice.

Barry, aka The Flash, kept on running away from the Man in the Yellow Suit. "Get the hell away from me!"

"BARRY!!! YOU MAY HAVE FIXED EVERYTHING, BUT THINGS ARE GOING TO BE MUCH, MUCH WORSE!!!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" yelled Barry. "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!!!"

Meanwhile...

"BREAKING NEWS!!!
THE BATMAN HAS OFFICIALLY ISSUED A STATEMENT THAT HE HAD STOPPED CORPORAL PUNISHMENT!!!
Here is the video..." yelled Lois Lane.

"Hello... I'm Batman... I will no longer be killing people. I will also no longer torture, mutilate, or offer corporal punishment to these people."

"Also, inspired by Batman's words, Bruce Wayne issued a statement that he would no longer be allowing Batman to torture people in Arkham Asylum."

*click...*

Bruce sighs, sitting down on his couch, alone.

"I'm proud of you, Master Bruce... You've successfully assembled a team that saved the world... I truly am proud of you."

"Thank you, Alfred. Joke's on you, no one believed I could change any more."

"Well, I was wrong, Master Bruce. And I'm glad I was wrong.
Also, we've successfully created a more powerful version of the gauntlets. Your idea of making light-based Batarangs from the dissipated energy of the bullets and laser blasts is ingenious!"

"Thank you, Alfred," said Bruce. 

Alfred leaves Bruce and shuts the door softly.

Bruce sighs as he rests his head on the couch. "Jesus..."

Bruce still has his injuries when he fought the Parademons, scars everywhere, and bandages all over.

"I think I'm... I think I'm done..." said Bruce. "My whole life, I've tried to save my city... Now... I've saved the whole world... I have people who could continue my work... now... And I think I'm done... First I lost Jason and Tim... Then I had Dick die on me..." whispered Bruce, with his voice breaking. "I think I'm done..." 

*beep... beep...*

Bruce opens his cellphone and sees a text from Diana.

"Hi! Wanna have coffee sometime?"

Bruce squints his eyes. He puts the cellphone on his forehead. "Christ..."

"I think you should do it..." said an imaginary Dick, sitting on the couch next to him.

"Should I?"

"You're quitting, right? Soon, right?"

"Yeah... Yeah, maybe I should..."

"Plus, she could protect herself... right?"

"Yeah..."

"Just know that I'm proud of you, Dad..."

"I'm... just... sorry..." Bruce turns to Dick and sees that no one is there. "Tch-... Now I know how that feels like..."